PDA

View Full Version : one tough little ghost shrimp!

greatXpectations
07-20-2008, 03:44 AM
I bought about half dozen "ghost shrimp" a while back...only one lasted. he has gotten bigger, and usually hides, but occasionally pops out and says hello...

anyways, i was doing a gravel vac today, and he got sucked into the large tube. i didn't see him and he was left sitting on the floor inside the large tube for at least 10 minutes. I was searching the tank for him, but had given up hope since i moved a lot of gravel and assumed i squished him. When i went for another round of vac'ing i noticed him laying in the tube and thought for sure he was a goner, but sure enough, i put the tube in the water and off he went!

ive probably jinxed it now that ive told you about my tough little shrimp but we'll see! :thumb:

Sounguru
07-20-2008, 03:53 AM
Hope he makes it....

greatXpectations
07-21-2008, 05:17 PM
hes doing just fine! he shed this morning...at first i thought someone got a hold of him, but nope...hes crawling around in the plants! not bad for a 39 cent creature!

GouramiGal
07-21-2008, 05:37 PM
Whew! That's good news. What a tough little guy!

Sounguru
07-21-2008, 05:38 PM
Yea I thought I lost about 6 of my cherries until I counted them again and realized that 6 were a little larger and not as red.... But now they have their color back brighter than ever.

angelcakes
07-21-2008, 07:11 PM
great news glad everythings ok nowthumbs2:

Ellen4God
07-22-2008, 03:19 AM
lol I absolutely LOVE shrimp. I put several ghost shrimp into my beta tank, attempting to get companions for Bruce (my beta), and I thought all of them had gotten eaten. But, while I was cleaning the tank out once, I saw a little ghost shrimp scooting around all over. I about wet my pants!! It took me forever to catch him, but when I finally did, I stuck him in my 10g community tank. It was great! Good luck

southerndesert
07-22-2008, 07:35 PM
Glad to hear the little guy is fine...what a ride eh?

Cheers, Bill