PDA

View Full Version : cloud cover chapter 2...

wideangle
12-17-2006, 05:35 AM
whatup
the cloudy situation in my tank has subsided somewhat but this morning i lost a tiny halfbeak whom i did not mention in my 'cloud cover' fish list. I tested the pH and ammonia levels as Hobbs suggested and everything appears normal...what happened to halfbeak? From what i've read he digs the same teps and pH levels as the others....did the swordtail pick on him?
Also-my glofish is dope and pregnant...just how basic a rig can i set up to move her till the eggs hatch? Could i rock a smallish bowl with a tiny filter...or no filter using water from mamas existing tank with more frequent small water changes? Thank you for your suggestions.:wink2:

Lady Hobbs
12-17-2006, 05:55 AM
When you say everything appears normal, are you talking 0 ammonia, 0 nitrates and maybe nitrates below 10 or even less.

You are probably better off leaving the eggs where they are. If the tank has not totally cycled, the baby fish will more than likely not live anyway.

I also wonder just how good your filter is. Many that come with the tank just don't cut it. Adding another filter may clear that tank right up for you.