PDA

View Full Version : Bristlenose Pleco'ss

KINGMED
07-15-2008, 09:33 PM
I bought my first 2 bristlenose Saturday for my 55 gal., they are both about 2.5 inches long. My 55 was having green algae spots all over the tank that is up to last night, when I got home at midnight I turned on the fish tank and low and behold all the glass was clean with no algae except for some still on the feller stone. I'm thinking these are a great little fish and along with the weather loaches in the tank they are some of my favorite fish. In my 55 I now have 2 weather loaches, 2 bristlenose, 3 baby (small) albino cory's, 1 honey gourami, 1 small female betta and 2 zebra danios/2 black skirt tetras. I was wondering what would be the best to do for adding. Figure I could get a few more albino cory's and maybe another weather loach, would this be O.K. Also would upside down catfish be O.K. in a tank like this, I have plenty of drift wood and hidding places all over the tank, plus are hatchet fish good to have I think they may be pretty cool but I've heard they like to jump.

OscarFan
07-15-2008, 10:53 PM
Tht seems to be ok. I dont know much about upsidedowns btu Hatchets do like to jump.

toddnbecka
07-16-2008, 05:36 AM
Weather loaches prefer cooler water, like goldfish, not "tropical" fish.
Upside down catfish (S. nigriventris) are social fish, best to get a group of those.
The BN's will need some veggies to supplement their diet, but they will keep the tank clear of algae.
Hatchet fish are delicate critters IME, very particular about their water chemistry.