PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow bridge?

Ryuu
07-15-2008, 04:39 PM
Sorry, as I'm sure this may have been suggested, but is there any way that we can make a little forum thing labeled rainbow bridge, and there people can post there fish obituaries, and then put the poem rainbow bridge as a sticky? Btw if you don't know what that is here it is

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows, hills, oceans and lakes for all of our special friends so they can run, swim, and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run, swim and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. Their bright eyes are intent. Their eager body quivers. Suddenly they begins to run or swim from the group, swimming over the crystal water, their fins carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again feed him, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Yes Had to do some revamping, but I thought it would be better to have its own place in the forum, instead of posting on the general or some place like that. sorry if its a bad idea.

sktadood13
07-16-2008, 12:22 AM
i dont think its a bad idea at all!! i give it 8 thumbs up!thumbs2: thumbs2: thumbs2: thumbs2:
and to addition you can make a whole to catagory for deaths and births!!

cocoa_pleco
07-16-2008, 01:31 AM
i believe we have a RIP section, but it got lost in the chatterbox forum. lol

Gemini
07-16-2008, 01:38 AM
I really like it! And I like the idea of a Rainbow Bridge thumbs2:

MeganL3985
07-16-2008, 01:50 AM
Where is Bonnie!? lol She posted that Rainbow bridge a while back ago, I have it saved in my email box cause I mailed it to myself. lol

cocoa_pleco
07-16-2008, 01:54 AM
Where is Bonnie!? lol She posted that Rainbow bridge a while back ago, I have it saved in my email box cause I mailed it to myself. lol

i believe aquaqueen was getting married this year and shes tied up with planning it

MeganL3985
07-16-2008, 02:07 AM
Very good point cocoa, completely forgot about that.

Ryuu
07-16-2008, 10:06 PM
I've heard of the death thread, never seen it tho lol, maybe it should be a sticky in chatterbox?

sktadood13
07-16-2008, 10:11 PM
personaly i think it would bee easier to manage for the admin if he made and whole new catagory and added the a forum for births and a forum for deaths there for people can start a thread and peope could say congrats or their sorrows as a reply to each person.....(ive had admin xp before but thats m 2 cents)

ladyoutlaw50
07-16-2008, 10:11 PM
I like it!!!!

sktadood13
07-16-2008, 10:32 PM
also (to late for me to edit my other post) if you create a catagory and make two topics/forums you would give the chance to people to deticate and whole thread to their fish and not just a thread to everyones fish.....

i think this is a very great idea and im goin to be very excited once (if there well be) there is a annoucment that it is coming out.

funnyfish
07-17-2008, 08:36 AM
:thumb: I agree its a great idea and I also love the idea of one for births and each person can start their own thread about their important fish.... Makes it more personal.

Ryuu
07-17-2008, 04:51 PM
Yeah, it would honor the fish that have passed, and congradulate that have been born!

nanaglen2001
07-17-2008, 05:19 PM
A "Birth of fish" section??? Oh just imagine the loads of freshly born Guppy-, Swordtail-, Platy- and Molly-fry....hmmm...

Ryuu
07-17-2008, 06:00 PM
Lol, oh Du whonst im deutschland? Sorry german skills are getting really bad, havnt spoke it in a while, and yes, guppys will be a problem, but maybe its worth it

sktadood13
07-17-2008, 10:46 PM
for those i would suggest you post all the fry in one thread.....say you have one batch of 40 and then a week later you have 10 more you just reply to your forum and say you have 10 morethumbs2:

funnyfish
07-17-2008, 10:50 PM
:ezpi_wink1: Great I idea what a bunch of thinkers you all are.....

Ryuu
07-18-2008, 02:59 PM
Yeah, other wise we would see

New guppy fry
More new guppy fry
Guess what new guppy fry
can someone take all these guppy fry I cant take them any more

Death forum
All my guppy fry/...

sktadood13
07-23-2008, 02:01 AM
just bumpin to get more people opinions