PDA

View Full Version : woohoo got the male!

graceluvsplatys
07-15-2008, 04:09 AM
i went to the lfs intendidng to get a CT or DT or HM or something, but i came away with a veil. i had to, hewas the prettiest betta ever! he has a white body, and rainbow fins! like blue, purple,pink turqoiuse!
he and my female have been makin eyes a each other this whole time :)
now, shopuld i put him in the breeding tank, or what yet?

Billythefish
07-15-2008, 04:42 AM
If you have alredy put him in a tank then i'd leave him to settle down for a few days... If not then go for it but use a divider.

Happy to hear you got one you like:-)

graceluvsplatys
07-15-2008, 05:41 AM
oh, i have the female in a separate bowl, and i think i will leavehim for most of conditioning.

angelcakes
07-15-2008, 06:51 AM
congrats...........have you got some pics it sounds like hes got beautiful colourationsthumbs2:

kaoticice
07-15-2008, 07:26 AM
You got to condition him for at least 1 week with frozen/live food before placing him in the spawning tank.

graceluvsplatys
07-15-2008, 01:09 PM
oh i'm conditioning for two weeks, on account that he was a pet store betta.
hey, sites say i should give them as much as they can eat, but wont they get swimbladder?
should i feed them small portions 3 times a day, or what. and, does it have to be frozen, or can it be freeze dried. i have freeze dried tubifex worms,bloodworms, and brine shrimp. if so, what is the best frozen food?

kaoticice
07-15-2008, 02:02 PM
small portion frequently is best. Frozen food is very good due to many reason; most of them have added vitamins and minerals (Hikari) and they are more "fresher" than freeze-dried, hence more nutritional. It is also very safe and convenient in compared with live-food. Frozen bloodworms and brine shrimps are all i can think off atm.
Freeze-dried is "ok" and i believe it still can induce breeding, but personally i didn't get a very good result with them. But that's just from my experience which is not very accurate considering i'm not a pro myself. I have heard alot of success stories with feeding dried foods such as flakes and pellets from breeders. So why not give it a try? :ezpi_wink1:
However, when it comes to breeding I'm very bias with feeding live food. I have no scientific explanation on this, but during live food feeding i observed a huge difference in the fish behavior. Fish becomes more active and aggressive in my community tank or individual betta tanks. In compared with the other 2 types of food, live food gave the most inducement to breeding in most situations IMO.
Hope that helps

graceluvsplatys
07-15-2008, 02:20 PM
ok ty! in think i may try with freeze dried, then, if they dont spawn, i will do frozen.

graceluvsplatys
07-16-2008, 01:46 AM
i am having to use so much willpower! i want to breed them right now! the male is flaring up, anm the female is full of eggs, and the tank is ready! but i must restrain myself! please, someone tell me the bad things that can happen if i dont condition my male more ( alreayd did my female)!!!!

kaoticice
07-16-2008, 07:22 AM
Yeh males need to be conditioned as much as the female. Patience is the key to succ :ezpi_wink1: ess!

ehjsne
08-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Well condition him with your female for a week and then he goes into the breeding tank, the female goes into the glass chimeny or whatever you use.

And can you get us a picture of the male? I would love to see him.