PDA

View Full Version : Breeding in Pond time

jman
12-16-2006, 12:00 AM
Does anyone know if the koi in my pond will begin to mate after the winter or will they wait before starting something that early because this is the first fish generation starting from last summer.

inck243
12-29-2006, 08:23 PM
I think in my pond they did after the first winter. This is my pond's 2nd winter, and i had lots of little baby fish this summer :D We bring some of the tiny babies in for the winter and put them in a fish bowl.. we had one last winter too.

But I don't know if my fish are Koi, I think they are just large goldfish. But thats what koi are right? lol

Furface
11-06-2008, 01:12 AM
I have butterfly koi in my pond. They didn't spawn until their third spring. Since then they have spawned every spring for 4 years. It seems less than half of the spawn have good color, the rest revert to near black. About 100 of them survive to autumn each year. Actually, I wish they didn't spawn because then I wouldn't have to cope with my daughter's protests over leaving them out to die over winter when I move the adults to the basement. One year I spent a lot of time catching them and gave them to a pet shop. No one would buy them for a pond in the autumn, so they sold them as feeder fish for tropical fish. Daughter didn't care for that either.

jman
11-10-2008, 02:20 AM
thanx for the response but this thread was old. the fish have now spawned.

Jagdish
02-23-2009, 08:22 AM
Hello every one in Aquatic community forum !

I am just entering in Aqua breeding field, as my hobby.

I have 5'X 5' X 1.5' deep green Lotus pond in my Garden, where in I have two grown up pairs of Brooder Jelly Head Orando goldfish pairs. It also has few mollies & Guppies. The pond is exposed to sunlight, but 50 % of the surface is covered with Lotus leaves.

I request all of you to educate me to breed the Gold fish.

Jagdish

:goldfish: :fish: :fish2:

troy
02-24-2009, 02:45 AM
Old thread!:spam: Start your own thread.