PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf Gourami Pics

Abbeys_Mom
12-15-2006, 11:19 PM
They were hard to get pictures of, they are still skittish. The pictures of the female aren't great, but it's the best I could do.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i162/MacawCichlid/female.jpg
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i162/MacawCichlid/female2.jpg
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i162/MacawCichlid/Male-1.jpg

jman
12-15-2006, 11:21 PM
I'd love to have an extra tank with those they seem cool and nice. How many are in there? Just three?

Abbeys_Mom
12-15-2006, 11:25 PM
Just 2, a weather loach, bristlenose pleco and a kuhli loach.

jman
12-15-2006, 11:26 PM
Do they get along well?

Abbeys_Mom
12-15-2006, 11:31 PM
I just got the female today. The pleco doesn't bother anyone. The weather loach is old and lazy, and I rarely see the Kuhli. I have never had problems with any of them. I had 2 male gouramis and just exchanged one for the female. The males weren't getting along and I wanted a female one in the first place, but they didn't have any at the time.

jman
12-15-2006, 11:32 PM
O that's a good combination if you think about it because none of the fish will really end up annoying each other. Nice setup dude!

Abbeys_Mom
12-15-2006, 11:34 PM
Dude? Hmmmm. Don't know what to do with that....

jman
12-15-2006, 11:35 PM
Hahaha i skateboard just a comment like yo it's cool.lol

Abbeys_Mom
12-15-2006, 11:48 PM
I was just a little confused. I figured my user name kind gave me away as being a woman. But hey, it happens, just ask Hobbs...LOL.

jman
12-15-2006, 11:51 PM
o didn't even pay it attention 1,000 apologies hate disrespect. But any way cool it always still important to remain cool mom. hahaha

Abbeys_Mom
12-15-2006, 11:59 PM
No problem. I was just messing with you anyway. I forgive you. Just don't do it to Hobbs, she'll come to your house and kick your butt.

jman
12-16-2006, 12:01 AM
ha glad you let me know because i was doing the same thing to her typing on a forum...sike

jeffs99dime
12-16-2006, 01:42 AM
very nice abbeys_mom

Severus
12-18-2006, 03:57 AM
Very nice gouramis. I need to contribute my Pink Kissing to all these recent gourami pictures. i just dont have a working camera...

Neithan
12-18-2006, 05:42 AM
I just got the female today. The pleco doesn't bother anyone. The weather loach is old and lazy, and I rarely see the Kuhli. I have never had problems with any of them. I had 2 male gouramis and just exchanged one for the female. The males weren't getting along and I wanted a female one in the first place, but they didn't have any at the time.

That could be because they're less shy in groups. If you have the space for it, you should try getting a few more kuhlis in there and you should see them a bit more often. A sand substrate is also good for these, as they seem to enjoy burrowing somewhat, kinda like corys.

Nice pictures btw :) And again, if you have the space, see if you can hunt down another female IF the male harasses this one too much. I've always been told that gouramis should be kept in harems if you keep more than one, just so the females get some rest from the ever so attentive male lol. Same goes for bettas come to think of it, if you have a male that can be kept with females in the first place..

kimmers318
12-18-2006, 12:14 PM
Ditto here on the sand bottom. I rarely found my kuhlis in the gravel, they went completely down under it. Now with the sand I see them all of the time. I actually thought I only had 2 of the 4 left when I went to get them to put into the sand tank so was quite happy to find all 4 once I started stirring things up looking for them:thumb:

Abbeys_Mom
12-18-2006, 02:09 PM
The one I have left is the survivor of about 10 kuhlis I bought 4 or 5 years ago. I don't want to buy more because the store near us has them imported and most die in the first few days. I wouldn't want to have them order a batch just for me.

vdub
01-16-2007, 12:33 AM
very nice gouramis!!!! my favorite fish that i have so far!!!!!thumbs2:

leoslizards
01-31-2007, 10:15 AM
Hmm.. Interesting,..
I've never seen a silver dwarf gourami at my LFS. I once had 6 dwarf gouramis in my 29g planted aquarium. 1 normal (just like your male), 2 flame (like the one in vdub's avatar), 2 powder blue, and 1 neon blue. I always thought the normal blue and red stripped one was a female because of the rounded dorsal fin tip, and the rest where males.
Well, someone in the tank mated and all the fry where silver. Only 2 survived, 1 is a fully grown male and looks like a mix between a normal dwarf and a flame dwarf gourami. He has the red and blue stripes, but the red is more orange then red. The other is smaller and is mostly silver with a little bit of red and blue (also male).
I guess I'm just terrible at sexing dwarf gouramis but I know these two are definitely males because they have very pointy dorsal fins.