PDA

View Full Version : Help!! Female betta gills bleeding and very sick!!

peter22
07-12-2008, 11:51 PM
Hi, I have had this fm betta fish for about one month now and she has been very healthy and active in a 20 gallon community tank. Then all the sudden yesterday she started acting very lethargic and not eating. Today it got worse so I isolated her in a hospitol tank and dosed her with the following- primafix, melafix, and jungle parasite clear in hope to tackle the disease. Well, she is not doing better and left gill is inflamed and BLEEDING. She also developed a little whitish spot on her left fin as well.

Also a few days before hand she seemed "egg bound" or very bloated but I figured she was egg bound because she had the characteristic little white dot that appeared on her belly and super increase in appetite.

I also introduced a few cardinal tetras a week ago and some of them died, could they have passed on some disease? And two weeks back I returned a dwarf gourami because he had some sort of parasite (clear stringy feces and very shy)... could he have had something?

Is there any chance of curing her and how?

Please help!!!!

kaoticice
07-13-2008, 07:23 AM
It's most likely there're an ick break-out in your tank due to the introduction of the neon tetras. The bleeding gills looked like injury from vigorous scratching due to the ick disease.
I believe she will make it and recover soon. You got 2 option: Treat her with melafix, increase temp to about 30degrees celcious, and add a dose of aquarium salt, another option is to use melachite green or other specialized meds in conjunction with melafix.
hope that helps,

angelcakes
07-13-2008, 01:17 PM
It's most likely there're an ick break-out in your tank due to the introduction of the neon tetras. The bleeding gills looked like injury from vigorous scratching due to the ick disease.
I believe she will make it and recover soon. You got 2 option: Treat her with melafix, increase temp to about 30degrees celcious, and add a dose of aquarium salt, another option is to use melachite green or other specialized meds in conjunction with melafix.
hope that helps,
good advicethumbs2:

Lady Hobbs
07-13-2008, 01:19 PM
Most often asked question here.........how are the ammonia and nitrite levels? You added a bunch of tetra's you said so you probably had an increase in ammonia.

Nick_Pavlovski
07-15-2008, 01:04 AM
Is your Betta now in a hospital tank?