PDA

View Full Version : Here's my delema

Mother Yoda
07-11-2008, 06:02 PM
Ok, as you may know by based on my sig that I have a 75G aquarium. However, I can't seem to decide what of the three options I will truly go with. I do have them in order of choice but I would like for people give input, advice, information, etc.

1) The West African/Congolese biome would be far my first choice as it has the type of puffer I am just wanting. It is also an African puffer that isn't quite the "tank buster" but also is more "puffer-like" than the Congo. The other puffer from there is not even sold anymore so it cuts out that option.
However, there is a catch to this that being I don't know of anyone or anyplace that will sell the Dubois' Freshwater Puffer. This along with it being the first puffer I have had an extremely risky idea, but one which I will be motivated to work hard on.
2) The Amazonian biome is my second choice, I admit it might also be better for me to do this one because of the puffers being more common and I could probably have a few other types of fish with them. The problem is that I don't know how the catfish would react to them or vice versa. I also don't know if what other fishes that are A)chiclids or B)an oddball that would be able to go along with them.
3) The Southeast Asian biome is my last choice because despite being less appealing than the above it still has it's upside. That mainly being that the Palembang Puffer has a quality to it that is different than most other puffers. But also I am open to the idea because I have heard it may be possible to have other fish tank mates which I would want to put those two eels within the aquarium.

So there you have it folks, I hope you people can help out! :22:

Mother Yoda

troy
07-11-2008, 07:10 PM
I'd do the amazonian biome.

pes142
07-11-2008, 09:22 PM
That is quite the dilemma, not sure which way i would go. Flip a three sided coin!

Mother Yoda
07-11-2008, 10:06 PM
@ Above post, thank you for the much needed sarcasim. :ezpi_wink1:

But yeah, it really depends on if there is a place or a person who can sell the Dubois' Freshwater Puffer.

pes142
07-11-2008, 11:30 PM
@ the above post, I felt it my sacred and solemn duty

Mother Yoda
07-13-2008, 12:30 AM
That's somthing you have served very well. But, my main question is where I can find a Dubois' Freshwater Puffer for sale.

pes142
07-13-2008, 01:40 AM
iffen i was you, which i am not, but like i said, iffen i was you, i would take a look at aquabid and see if there is one on there, that is the best i can do and i apologize for the run on sentence.

Billythefish
07-13-2008, 01:52 AM
I have no idea how you could get one but if i was you i'd keep the tank as a ----- puffer only tank, good luck

Mother Yoda
07-13-2008, 12:43 PM
iffen i was you, which i am not, but like i said, iffen i was you, i would take a look at aquabid and see if there is one on there, that is the best i can do and i apologize for the run on sentence. That's OK, thank you for the info.

I have no idea how you could get one but if i was you i'd keep the tank as a ----- puffer only tank, good luck Thanks, for the info. I am assuming your referring to them all right?