PDA

View Full Version : Very yellow Female Apistogramma Cacatuoide

Doak6021
07-09-2008, 10:30 PM
I first bought 2 male Apistogramma Cacatuoides Triple Reds(wanted 1m/1f but got ripped). Next I bought 2 females with hope to sell one male and make things just right. When I got the two females one wa a slightly larger AC Triple Red and the was a smaller AC Orange flash. I was not that upset b/c the Orange flash looks really nice.

All of a sudden my dominant AC triple red male and the Orange flash female have taken over one side of the tank and the female Orange flash is almost entirely yellow. Just her fins are not yellow. Not a hint yellow. YELLOW. i was amazed when I seen it. I had read that this happens but did not think it was as obvious. Also, the male and female that have taken over chase both the other AC's as soon as they see them get near and also sometimes the Rummy Nose are chased away.

My questions are.
Is she about to lay eggs? Did she lay eggs? or is this just normal?

What will the eggs look like?

Incredulous_Ed
07-09-2008, 10:34 PM
Well, it sounds they had apired up and are protecting territory. It doesnt mean they layed eggs, but it sure sounds like eggs are on the way.

Doak6021
07-10-2008, 03:55 AM
What would the eggs looks like?

country_boy454
07-10-2008, 02:31 PM
They will be tiny and red. Congrats on the pairing up. I am trying to find a male cacatuoides for my 3 females I purchased at my lfs. Not sure if I want triple red or Orange flash. I wish twofishguyz.com still had their sunburst cacatuoides.

miquel
07-10-2008, 10:18 PM
from what i read they are ready to lay their eggs or they allready have laid them, one way to see if they laid them is to look at the belly of the female is it still full or is it slimmer, and does de fish have a sort of angle just in front of the analfin