PDA

View Full Version : whats the kribensis doing?

Gemstone
07-09-2008, 10:23 AM
the hubby had 2 kribensis in his community tank..lot of peaceful fish for the most part.butnow the other day he came home with an enourmos female..who had been the only kribensis in a community tank with her previous owner...and she was reddish- pink on the underbelly. Boertjie's male immediately started giving her the eye...and the past two days she has been nowhere in sight...she is under the log cave in the corner of the tank and does not bulge....the other female is hovering by and is not leaving that area either...and the male is doing a...*this is my area so scoot* kind of thing...do u guys think they might be breeding??:confused: ...or is she sick maybe..or just plain shy?

ILuvMyGoldBarb
07-09-2008, 10:31 AM
Sounds like it. Females will go into the breeding area and the male will hang around outside and defend it normally.

Gemstone
07-09-2008, 10:36 AM
you mean....I might sit....with MORE...cichlids?..:help:

ILuvMyGoldBarb
07-09-2008, 10:40 AM
Quite probable. :) You have a male with 2 females,you were bound to get a pair. LOL

Gemstone
07-09-2008, 10:44 AM
:hmm3grin2orange: ...wonder if HE thought of that....and I think this time I'll leave the logistics of what to do and where to house everyone..up to himself...mwhahahahahaha....(dr evil laugh)

Fishalicious
07-09-2008, 10:51 AM
Kribs will almost always definately breed if you have a male & female...they are not so picky with their partners than other dwarfs...they are one of the best parents as well under the dwarfs so it looks like are going to be drowning in fry soon at your house LOL

Gemstone
07-09-2008, 11:02 AM
I think we have a very fertile environement here...if it's not pregnant...it's just layed eggs or popped some babies...otherwise it's busy flirting and on it's way there....*and I thought I taught them girls properly bout them birds and beeeeezzz*:confused:

ILuvMyGoldBarb
07-09-2008, 11:04 AM
You better not drink the water Gemstone. LOL

ladyoutlaw50
07-09-2008, 11:06 AM
Congratulations?????:c9:

Maybe it is time to look into some "family" planning! bahahahahha

Gemstone
07-09-2008, 11:13 AM
Am off water as from NOW>>>>>will stick to strong alcohol...neat.........

.....................a for family planning....let meknow if someone concocts something that works...at this point I'll be the first customer!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumb:

gem
07-10-2008, 12:20 AM
Can you dose with depo-provera? :ezpi_wink1:

Gemstone
07-10-2008, 05:53 AM
hheeeehheeeehahahahaha....if I could get at the lfs I would!!!!