PDA

View Full Version : Arg...one of my kuhli's is pretty pale....

nwnittany
07-08-2008, 01:22 AM
I've taken the poor guy through a two-month recycle and then recently had to move the tank (more stress) from one room to another (fish in buckets, etc).

I don't get to see the kuhli's very often, but I caught a glimpse today. One looks normal, but the other looks very pale. Not white, but much paler than the other. His size looks OK (ie, not tiny)....

I've looked around (albeit, not exhaustively) and haven't found any quick diagnosis.

Anyone got any ideas and/or suggestions ?

Oh yeah - no quarantine tank (ARG!!!)...

nwnittany
07-08-2008, 02:00 AM
Gotta laugh at myself...I forgot to post the water parameters...

They look fine.....

ammo: 0
nitrites: 0
nitrates: 10-20
pH: 7.0 (no drastic changes from the norm)
temp: 78

I guess this is either from the stress of the prolonged cycle or from the move...

nwnittany
07-08-2008, 04:22 AM
...talking to myself a bit here, but on second review, it looks like my pH is a bit high.... the profile on this site says 5.5-6.5 and I'm at 7.0.... Not sure if this would cause paleness, though....I've been at 6.8-7.0 for at least a month....

Gemstone
07-08-2008, 06:05 AM
my husband has 5 kuhlis in his commumity tank...and the one is pale...we have decided it is just the way he is...he eats..and does all the kuhli thingies the other kuhlis do...:thumb:

nwnittany
07-08-2008, 02:36 PM
my husband has 5 kuhlis in his commumity tank...and the one is pale...we have decided it is just the way he is...he eats..and does all the kuhli thingies the other kuhlis do...:thumb:

This is encouraging ! I haven't noticed any other problem symptoms (but like I mentioned, these guys do a pretty good job of hiding during the day).

I'll keep an eye on him and keep my fingers crossed....

Thanks for the tip.