PDA

View Full Version : Kribensis

rebelagent
12-09-2005, 05:17 PM
I was told that the African Kribensis is easy to care for in an aqaurium.
Any suggestion of what they would go well with as far as other fishs?
And are they easy to breed?

nick_cave
12-12-2005, 09:46 AM
They go well with all other fish that has the same water conditions, they are a bit teritorial, and defend their turf from any other fish, and the breeding is easy as they can even breed in community tank.
They uproot your aquarium plants and redo your decoration a litle, and are specialy found of caves, so if you can provide them at least one.
For company i sugest congo tetra and upturned catfish. Not all cohabitants in same regions, but all from Africa, and all can stand simillar conditions.

William
12-12-2005, 07:22 PM
Kribensis also do well in most other community aquarium as long as you avoid to timid/fragile fish.

They also usually leave the plants alone but can as nick_cave say uproot them. Especially very large kribensis have a tendency to do this. They also dig during the breeding.

A very nice fish and an excellent beginner cichlid.

lpstong
12-17-2005, 03:58 AM
Interesting on the uprooting of the plants. Are there any reasons why they do this? And do they uproot all plants? Is there a special kind of plant I could put in the tank where it wont be uprooted?

William
12-18-2005, 02:23 AM
Many cichlids like to digg and change the decore according to their preferences. This might lead to plants being dugg up. All plants are in danger of being dugg up but there are ways to prevent this like putting stones around the area where the plants is located.

nick_cave
01-20-2006, 11:13 AM
They dont uproot floating plants (just a joke ;) ), but i agree with William, they have their own style, and they set their territorys like this, by changing the setup, this is a more intese feature if you have more than one breading pair, is said that even offspring will help defending both territory and their younger syblings.

DemonShark
04-08-2006, 08:37 PM
lol theyll do war on each other