PDA

View Full Version : anableeps?

Jenilyn
07-07-2008, 02:25 AM
My LFS has some and I was wondering if anyone here had any and could show me pics of the set ups.

Anableps
09-09-2008, 03:55 AM
Sorry to jump in late but just found this forum ;). Anyway, I have a 40G Breeder set up that currently houses 2 Anableps (have just ordered a few more to create a school now that they are back in season). They are really interesting fish but they do get large (almost a foot in length at adulthood) and they are a schooling fish, so that puts their eventual tank needs in the 100 plus gallon range. I am getting ready to move, but as soon as I am in the new house am setting up a 120g tank for them. The two I have are still juvies (got them at 3 inches in length two months ago and they are already closing in on 5 inches). They love to eat lots of food so must be vigilant on the water changes. If you have any other questions feel free to ask, they are fascinating fish! I need to take new pics of the tanks but that is what the tank looked like after cycling after I put the Bleps in. There is much more greenery and floating objects for them to rest on. Hope this helps!

Jenilyn
03-08-2009, 10:59 PM
wow. so so neat.

gm72
03-08-2009, 11:21 PM
Those are incredibly cool fish indeed. I would love to keep them.