PDA

View Full Version : Adding a fish ?

Pez
07-04-2008, 08:45 PM
My 20 gallon with live rock and some mushrooms has two clowns a yellow watchman goby and randalls pistol shrimp. The goby and pistol are never seen and the tank seems to empty with the two clowns is there anything else I could add that wouldnt stress out the tank or am I out of luck. I just purchased a 37 gallon cube tank so I will be able to add more livestock in the future when I switch tanks. Thanks Pez

Fishguy2727
07-05-2008, 01:00 PM
I would leave a 20 at that bioload, it is good. Once you get the bigger tank going you do have room for some more so that will help and make it more interesting. I personally would like banggai cardinals or something like that to add to the bigger tank. But there are many other options that could work too.

Pez
07-05-2008, 03:43 PM
Thanks fishguy I KInd of figured that was it for the 20. I do like Banggai Cardinals u think a pair of them would be fine in the bigger tank with the clowns ? Pez

Fishguy2727
07-05-2008, 06:49 PM
If that is the only thing added besides a few more maintenance things (snails, small hermit crabs, etc.) then that should be fine. Obviously more live rock too. How much live rock do you have?

ILuvMyGoldBarb
07-06-2008, 01:54 AM
If you purchase the Bangaii Cardinals, then be sure to get captive bred specimens, the wild ones have an absolutely dismal record in captivity. The other problem I see with Bangaii Cardinals is the number. Generally they are more comfortable in larger groups. Keeping them in a pair does work, but they are more enjoyable and you can observe behavior that is a bit more natural if they are kept in a group of at least 4-6.

Pez
07-06-2008, 03:11 PM
If I was able to get a pair of them along with the clowns and the clean up crew that would be fine I have roughly 30 lbs. of Live rock in the tank so a few more lbs. of rock, I will have to look around and some other possibilites of fish any suggestions would be great. The LFS stress that there Bangai are captive bred so that is good. Thanks again Pez