PDA

View Full Version : Holy crap!Crickets everywhere!

smaug
06-30-2008, 03:27 PM
2 days ago we bought a box of 500 small crickets for our FBT and tree frogs.Last night I needed to get few from the box.I had not transferred them to a permanent holding cage yet so I just popped the small hole that they load them through so I could get 5-10 for feeding.I taped it back up [I thought],,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,Fast forward to this morning.I came downstairs and went into the kitchen,turned on the light,and the floor appeared to MOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Gee frikkin whiz.I spent the next 45 minutes running around the house with my vacuum cleaner.I bet at least 100 got out.Our cats will have a field day catching them for awhile.

angelcakes
06-30-2008, 03:29 PM
:hmm3grin2orange: ive a mental picture of cats flying everywhere,,,,,,sorry about the crickets though:22:

Lady Hobbs
06-30-2008, 03:31 PM
ROLFLMAO! Have fun listening to those things cheerping all night.

Tolley
06-30-2008, 03:31 PM
that must have been horrible. i hate it when one escapes! They might have chewed through the tape. Also i find it best when opening their box to feed them or whatever to do it in the bath.

Lady Hobbs
06-30-2008, 03:35 PM
OK....a question. Where do you buy live critters for your fish? I know my rainbows would like some skeeters or bugs of some kind.

angelcakes
06-30-2008, 03:36 PM
OK....a question. Where do you buy live critters for your fish? I know my rainbows would like some skeeters or bugs of some kind.
reptile shops are goodthumbs2:

smaug
06-30-2008, 03:42 PM
Ive never used them but wingless fruitflies would be an awesome treat for fish.I have tried feeding the super tiny crickets to my fish but there is someting about them that they dont like.Lady:you can order wingless fruitflies over the net and they are very cheap.

donvichu
06-30-2008, 03:46 PM
reptile shops are goodthumbs2:

we dont have such things as reptile shop here............I feed my aro with quarentined hjome roaches and lizards.........thumbs2: thumbs2: thumbs2:

calix10
06-30-2008, 04:07 PM
i can't get out of my head the image of you like a cricketbuster je je who do you call.......... sorry but it's a funny thing.

Haaaaaaa, a solution free your frogs, im pretty sure that they know how to handle LOL

Abbeys_Mom
06-30-2008, 04:18 PM
Crickets getting out is a common theme in my nightmares. In our house they always go to the bathroom, or the cat licks them to death.

smaug
06-30-2008, 04:45 PM
They get out all the time here,just not in such extreme numbers.Between 2 cats and 2 dogs they dont live long.If this keps up Im gonna buy some house geckos and just let them go in the house,lol!

cocoa_pleco
06-30-2008, 05:53 PM
lol, thats why i hate feeding my firebellies crickets, theres always the chance they will get out. I usually find a few crawling around

houie925
07-01-2008, 02:33 AM
I stopped using crickets when I realized how easy it was to keep and breed dubia roaches. I don't even have anything to eat them right now but I still keep hissers and dubias

smaug
07-01-2008, 07:54 PM
I would lay on a bed of live crickets and eat a bowl of them for breakfast before I would have ANY roach in my house.Just the thought of a roach makes me feel like setting off a hydrogen bomb in the basement.

tropfish
10-01-2008, 05:49 PM
occasionally i buy small crickets from the pet store and put them in the tank, the fish have a feild day, and even though i make sure they all get one they still try to steal them from eachother.