PDA

View Full Version : Help! my Bolivian Ram,

Tolley
06-26-2008, 09:35 PM
She was perfectly fine last night, healthy, eating and all that. I come to find her missing. I changed the tanks over tonight (40g to 50g) i assumed she was hiding so i just told myself she'll probably come out later when i am taking everything out.

So about a quarter of the way thorugh the switch over as i am taking out the rocks, i lift one of the larger rocks and my ram struggles out. I cannot really remember if she was trapped underneath it or if there was a gap. But anyway, she cannot swim she lays on her side her body is bent and she is breathing rapidly.

Can anyone tell me what to do to help her?

thanks, Tolley

Tolley
06-27-2008, 07:28 AM
anyone....?

angelcakes
06-27-2008, 08:21 AM
all i can suggest is keep an eye on the ram,it does sounds like shes been trapped and shes struggled to get out.......is it possible she may have internal injurys through being stuck???

Incredulous_Ed
06-28-2008, 12:11 AM
This is why I pretty much stopped using rocks in my tank. Sounds like she got trapped under, and when you moved the rock she probably got crushed a bit. I suggest you keep the water quality really good, mayb add some melafix or something just to prevent an infection. Just keep an eye on her and hpe foe the best. Keep us updated.