PDA

View Full Version : attaching java moss to a rock with mesh

MiamiCuse
06-22-2008, 02:07 AM
I got one of those bath spongey thing and used that to tie java moss to rocks. That's not a problem I just tie a knot on the underside of the rock and sit the rock down and it will fill in nicely.

However, I am now trying to attach java moss to a piece of rock that is the top of a cave formation. I have a few pieces of rocks on each side and this piece sits on them.

The problem is when I tie it down with the mesh, the underside of this rock is sitting on the substrate, so what should I do in this case? Should I attach java moss on all sides - top, bottom and edges otherwise I will see the mesh on the underside?

W_Oz
07-27-2008, 09:09 AM
I'd grab some of ye olde monofilament (you know... fishing line) and tie it down that way. Cotton thread will also fit the bill. After a while the moss should glom onto the rock and that'll be that.

Lady Hobbs
07-27-2008, 01:42 PM
I would too.

angelcakes
07-27-2008, 01:42 PM
i'd use fishing line too:19: :19: :19:

ILuvMyGoldBarb
07-27-2008, 02:47 PM
Add another one to that list, that's how I do it. The mesh is nice but not really necessary for Java Moss. That mesh really comes in handy with stuff like Riccia since Riccia doesn't usually grab the surface you want to attach it to.