PDA

View Full Version : Split tail fin

MiamiCuse
06-19-2008, 06:00 AM
I just noticed one of my angel's tail fin is split, it's almost like the entire tail fin is split into two halves except it's not all the way.

There are only two other angels in the same tank and they have been civilized to each other for some time now, I did not see them fight so no clue why this happened, but it must be another angel pecking at this one.

Will the split heal back?

angelcakes
06-19-2008, 07:23 AM
im guessing the angelfish is ok with no illnesses? if so the fin should heal on its own.i think some stress coat may be ok to help the fin repair

MiamiCuse
06-19-2008, 11:59 AM
yes no apparent sign of any issue. What kind of stress coat would you recommend?

Fishalicious
06-19-2008, 01:31 PM
Yes it will heal and faster than you think.... after mine have been breeding and fighting with the other Angels they look more like gargoyles from all the fin ripping and tearing - within 2 weeks they are usually back to their usual glory

angelcakes
06-19-2008, 02:39 PM
yes no apparent sign of any issue. What kind of stress coat would you recommend?
api..................

MiamiCuse
06-23-2008, 02:14 AM
I noticed that the split is now replaced by some new tissue that is black in color. Is that an indication it's healing or this is some sort of fungus?