PDA

View Full Version : Angel is finally coming right

Slinky_Bass
12-06-2006, 10:44 PM
After three and a half months of my one angel being bullied, eating poorly and then not eating at all, he finally seems to be coming right. For this past week his appetite has returned and has been steadily getting better, and this evening at feeding time he positively gulped down the frozen bloodworms, boldly competing with the other angels for food. He then proceeded to pick on the corys tablets as well.

The two main things that I've done that I think have helped are stepping up my water changes from 20% weekly to 40% weekly, (this has brought my nitrates down to 5-10mg from the 30mg it had crept up to after the addition of the loaches) and building my skinny angel a bogwood and java fern retreat where he can completely disappear from sight. His confidence is slowly returning and he is starting to defend his new retreat with a vigour I have not seen in him for a long time. I hope I have not spoken too soon about his recovery, but I am really happy and wanted to share this :)

Incredulous_Ed
12-06-2006, 11:08 PM
congrats. happy to hear you angel is doing better :)

Lady Hobbs
12-06-2006, 11:34 PM
Yes, large water changes are essential for angels. They like very clean water kept about 82 with a variety of foods.

Slinky_Bass
12-10-2006, 02:35 PM
Thanks Incredulous :)

jeffs99dime
12-11-2006, 06:53 AM
yeah. i'm glad to hear your angels back on track

Slinky_Bass
12-11-2006, 09:42 PM
And thank you too Jeff. I must tell you guys, I got another tank, a cute litttle black 20g with matching black stand. I've spent the weekend getting it up and running and I decided to move my skinny angel into it along with the corys (I didn't like the way the skunks were confining them to the back of the tank and the leaves).

I'm going to keep it with just him and the corys until he puts on some more weight and recovers completely but in the mean time I can plan plan plan what else I can have in the tank! Exciting, I love planning and getting new fish :) Needless to say any new additions must be super laid back and peacefull. I'll post a thread aksing for suggestions soon, so get your brains ready to give me some good advice ;D

jeffs99dime
12-12-2006, 01:35 AM
oki doki!:thumb: