PDA

View Full Version : Fish diagnoser Beta 2

William
06-15-2008, 11:06 AM
I have been able to apply some of the changes you guys recommended and I am now presenting the second Beta version of the fish diagnoser.

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/disease/diagnoser

Please take a look at it and let me know if you find any bugs, etc in this new version.

New in this version:
- If no disease match all the symptoms you check you can choose to get a list of most likely diseases, I.e. disease that are associated with most of those symptoms.

- If no disease match all symptoms you can choose to see which disease each and every symptom you check might indicate

- integrated into AC layout. Some CSS settings still to be changed before it looks exactly as the rest of the site.

- Some diseases still donīt have specific information: I have written articles for these disease but have not been able to put them online yet. They will be present in the final version.

angelcakes
06-15-2008, 12:20 PM
thanks william seems to working ok:19: :19: :19:

Azear
06-15-2008, 12:56 PM
Ohhhh like that :D I sure will give it a try... and a test ;)

tho... I'm really not sure if you want me to QA on that thing.... not only that it's my daily job to do it... but I tend to be pretty brutal when it come to software crashing ^_^

Any limitation yet that I should "avoid" ? :P

William
06-15-2008, 02:07 PM
Well stop short of calling me a bad person freven being asociated with it ;-)

Seriously though. Go to town on it. I decide which of your brutal software crashing points to take to heart and which simply would be to much work to fix.

William
06-15-2008, 02:11 PM
Oh by the way. I will fix so that the "most likely disease" header on the second page (if you clicked to get more info when no disease macth all your criteria) only shows once.

robnepper
06-15-2008, 02:37 PM
looks great to me William. I am currently just starting an Ich treatment cycle and the info was great!

Thanks.

Azear
06-15-2008, 02:46 PM
Hey william,

here's a few things I've noticed:
-2x cloudy eyes in choices, doesn't refer to same symptoms since one refer to pop eyes, other to tail & fin rot.
-when in the 2nd part (most likely disease part), the others symptoms/disease should at least have a header after the line like: "Could also be: " or something like that since now, it gets confusing. there's no header and a bunch of information after a line and there's no header/title. It's probably not a huge thing to add anyways.
-the obvious duplication of the "most likely disease" header.

I didn't spent alot of time checking it out due to the fact that I have to leave home in no long but I'll have a more closer look at it tonite (or tomorrow).

Btw, this is some PHP coding/stuff right ? :)

Tolley
06-15-2008, 02:49 PM
i've found, on the chilodenella disease i get the piranha eating my page when i click it. Also the cloudy eyes bit azear mentioned.

Other than tht looks good!

p.s piranha, if you read im gonna get you for eating my pages!

Azear
06-15-2008, 03:07 PM
Also, I wanted to be a bit more brutal on the diagnoser since my gf wasn't ready to leave the house... :)

if you enter " index.php?list=(0) " at the url, you get an error in your foreach

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/aquatic/public_html/disease/diagnoser/index.php on line 174

Also, if you enter a higher index of the disease, you get the same result. error in the foreach. (same error).

you should have a sanity check like that to just catch it (but obviously you knew how to do it):

if (( $index < MinIndex ) && ( $index > MaxIndex)) {
#do something to prevent error message
}

William
06-15-2008, 03:12 PM
Piranha ate my page, and cloud eye problem is quick fixes: I messed up when entering the ata into the DB:

The duplicate header will be gone soon.

Will add a header to the second part of the page Azear.

William
06-15-2008, 03:15 PM
Also, I wanted to be a bit more brutal on the diagnoser since my gf wasn't ready to leave the house... :)

if you enter " index.php?list=(0) " at the url, you get an error in your foreach

Also, if you enter a higher index of the disease, you get the same result. error in the foreach. (same error).

you should have a sanity check like that to just catch it (but obviously you knew how to do it):

Haha. Yea that is a little bit more brutal. Actually I never considered people trying to change the urls to get different results. Thanks. Will fix it.

William
06-15-2008, 04:24 PM
Everything except above link issue fixed.