PDA

View Full Version : Promoting AC?

Dave66
06-15-2008, 02:32 AM
I know it'd cost money, but in a recent issue (June 08) of Tropical Fish Hobbyist magazine there's a half-page advertisement for the aquariacentral.com forum (on Page 15 to be precise). Made me wonder if it was feasible for AC to do something similar?
At the very least perhaps banner ads linking to AC could be submitted to like sites of private aquarium keepers and/or non-forum aquarium information sites would be helpful to promote AC.

Dave

country_boy454
06-15-2008, 02:36 AM
Sounds like a good idea to me.

Red
06-15-2008, 02:44 AM
I agree....

digital3
06-15-2008, 03:12 AM
I know it'd cost money, but in a recent issue (June 08) of Tropical Fish Hobbyist magazine there's a half-page advertisement for the aquariacentral.com forum (on Page 15 to be precise). Made me wonder if it was feasible for AC to do something similar?
At the very least perhaps banner ads linking to AC could be submitted to like sites of private aquarium keepers and/or non-forum aquarium information sites would be helpful to promote AC.

Dave

I've seen that as well Dave and was thinking about that the other day. I'm sure the ad costs money, but I would be willing to contribute to get it on there...

gem
06-15-2008, 03:20 AM
Hi ya Davey Baby!!!! I agree, it would be a good thing. This site seems to get quite a bit of traffic, but the more the better.

MeganL3985
06-15-2008, 03:44 AM
If it isn't just an out of pocket expense for William, I think its a good idea too.
I can't wait till the t-shirts come out so I can do my own free advertising. It'll be my permanent shirt to wear when I go to petsmart and other various stores. lol :)

Incredulous_Ed
06-15-2008, 05:02 AM
That will cost alot of money. I say if my name gets on the ad, then its good to go!

Dave66
06-15-2008, 05:32 AM
Just FYI, Ed, it's 50 bucks and inch for color and 40 bucks an inch black and white in that magazine, so about $600 for a half-page ad. Guess that other forum has wealthy owners/members.

Dave

country_boy454
06-15-2008, 05:53 AM
Just FYI, Ed, it's 50 bucks and inch for color and 40 bucks an inch black and white in that magazine, so about $600 for a half-page ad. Guess that other forum has wealthy owners/members.

Dave

Wow.... Little more than I thought it would be.

Dave66
06-15-2008, 06:22 AM
Wow.... Little more than I thought it would be.

That's the same rate for most daily newspapers in the country.

Dave

William
06-15-2008, 11:45 AM
The site is question is (or atleast was) owned by a wealthy individuals/individual.

I agree that it would be good to have that advertaising but it simply isn´t an option as I see it. I rather spend the money I put into this site on other things that I think will benefit the site and its present members more.

Regarding T-shirts. Sorry that I haven´t been able to makem the available yet. Hope to do so soon.

MeganL3985
06-15-2008, 02:42 PM
Sounds good William, You've been working on quite a bit of the site lately and it's working out very nicely. It is all much appreciated.

Tolley
06-15-2008, 02:54 PM
Thats awesome William!

also don't rush with them t-shirts. you have all the time in the world. I'm sure we can all wait longer than we'll make out!

Ryuu
06-15-2008, 03:14 PM
Forgot all about the t shirts, man I need money so I can buy em

country_boy454
06-15-2008, 03:44 PM
No need for the rush on the shirts William. I understand about the mag ad too. It is a lot of dough to cough up. It is nice to have this forum to come to everyday and get answers to almost any questions I have. I like it just the way it is.:19:

William
06-15-2008, 04:02 PM
Sounds good William, You've been working on quite a bit of the site lately and it's working out very nicely. It is all much appreciated.

Thanks for saying so. I am working of a lot of other things and hopefully it will be an intersting summer with a lot of new articles (more will be posted this week) and some new functions, features as well.

Thats awesome William!

also don't rush with them t-shirts. you have all the time in the world. I'm sure we can all wait longer than we'll make out!

Thanks but I still try to egt it done soon.

No need for the rush on the shirts William. I understand about the mag ad too. It is a lot of dough to cough up. It is nice to have this forum to come to everyday and get answers to almost any questions I have. I like it just the way it is.:19:

Thanks for the kind words.

Billythefish
06-15-2008, 05:04 PM
Do you guys think this idea that i don't think ive ever herd done be for would work?-- whats the one thing that all fish keepers use?
Answer the bag's the fish come in!, wouldn't it be cool to buy a fish and have the site address on it and maybe an advert about how the site will help with the new fish etc. Im sure big name lfs would let this bee done on the grounds that thay dont pay for the bag's or somthing, i think it would be cheeper than paying to advartise in mags and sites. What ya think william And co ?

William
06-15-2008, 05:10 PM
Atleast in sweden this is allready done on a large scale. All stores use bags sponsored by big companies like tetra,

Billythefish
06-15-2008, 05:23 PM
Atleast in sweden this is allready done on a large scale. All stores use bags sponsored by big companies like tetra,
Well ive not seen it done in the uk but haho just a idea.

William
06-15-2008, 06:19 PM
Ok. Maybe a concept that should be taken to the UK market then. DO you know hat the LFS pay for the bags?

Billythefish
06-15-2008, 07:00 PM
Ok. Maybe a concept that should be taken to the UK market then. DO you know hat the LFS pay for the bags?
Sorry?.........

ladyoutlaw50
06-15-2008, 07:02 PM
If it isn't just an out of pocket expense for William, I think its a good idea too.
I can't wait till the t-shirts come out so I can do my own free advertising. It'll be my permanent shirt to wear when I go to petsmart and other various stores. lol :)

I agree as well -- I may even buy 2 t-shirts and possible a 3rd for my little niece -- she likes to be like her auntie!!! LOL:hmm3grin2orange:

William
06-15-2008, 07:56 PM
Sorry. Meant to type. Do you know how much a LFS in UK have to pay for tha bags they pack fish in.

Billythefish
06-15-2008, 08:10 PM
Sorry. Meant to type. Do you know how much a LFS in UK have to pay for tha bags they pack fish in.
No but give me a day and i'll see if i can find out!