PDA

View Full Version : puffer is funny about food

Kaga's Kritters
06-15-2008, 01:51 AM
I recently got a green spotted puffer. I got him some ghost shrimp to snack on, plus I feed him a little of this and that. He will eat freeze dried blood worms some, but really loves sun dried baby shrimp. He hasn't really touched the live ghost shrimp, but will attack the dried baby shrimp, lol He is so silly. The only ghost shrimp I have seen him picking at was already dead. I guess he is use to eating dead food...just makes it easier for me, lol.

kaybee
06-15-2008, 02:43 AM
How large is the puffer? Live crustaceans typically don't last long with puffers. Give it some time (it may be a little hesitant because it's still fairly new.

Minderella83
06-15-2008, 02:46 AM
When I had 2 dwarf puffers, I fed them live brine shrimp and they loved them.

Nick89
06-15-2008, 03:26 AM
Try frozen foods, such as Mysis.. or even Brine.

Kaga's Kritters
06-15-2008, 12:57 PM
he is still really small, only about an inch or so long. just a little guy, lol. i am going to get some frozen food soon and try some of that. i want to keep his diet varied some and also find the things he really likes.

kaybee
06-15-2008, 01:13 PM
Frozen foods are good (I feed my green spotted puffers various frozen mollusks and crustaceans to help keep their fused teeth from becoming overgrown). Live ramshorn snails are also good.