PDA

View Full Version : Who woulda thunk it?

Lady Hobbs
12-06-2006, 11:55 AM
From my previous posts here, you know I have two angels that I've kept separated for probably six months due to their fighting. I just bought 3 new angels and tried them in one of the tanks with the other two but that resulted in bitten off dorsal fins overnight. So to another tank they went.

So then I had one angel in a community tank, one alone in a 30 gallon and the 3 babies in yet another. So goes for an angelfish tank!

Yesterday I treated the 30 gallon tank with Metafix (again) for my one angel that still has that unhealed wound on his side and decided to put the other angel in with him because he had nipped fins from a gourami's. Get ready to rock n rock guys! And would you believe, they made not even one move toward each other? They slept side by side. I know because I slept on the couch and jumped up to check on them about every half hour all night. zzzzzzzzz

Now what the heck is going on with these guys? Why would they hate one another for so long and suddenly decide to stop the fighting? I wonder if the Metafix has drugged them into not caring if each other is there or not? lol Maybe I need to keep them doped up!

I got these two at the same time (tank mates) and one is nearly twice again as large as the smaller one. I am still hoping it may be a pair but prolly not or I doubt they'd have wanted to kill each other all this time.

I don't know what got into them but I really hope they can remain together and not take up all my tanks.

William
12-06-2006, 02:14 PM
If they are a pair then the reason for the fighting in the past could have been that one wanted to breed while the other didn't. perhaps right now both or none of them feel like breeding and the dension therefore is reduced.

Have you changed the decoration in the tank? have you tried them together in that aquarium before?

Lady Hobbs
12-06-2006, 05:04 PM
I tried them in the same tank many times and they get into it immediately. This time, nothing. The smaller of the two follows the larger around constantly but the largest just ignores the other. The smallest is also my most aggressive of the two and I've had to keep this one alone.