PDA

View Full Version : new tank/plecos

abaigael04
06-12-2008, 04:40 PM
OK - I will be getting my 125 gal anytime now, and I had a question. I am cycling the filters on my established 65 gal right now and will move substrate /water etc from 65 gal. When I am ready to move the fish over to my 125 gal, how do I make sure I have enough algae in there for the plecos? I have not ordered lights yet - am going to the LFS this weekend to order some that will work with the ballast that comes with the tank. I can't have both tanks running at the same time for now due to space problems. Should I just leave the lights on more and drop on algae wafers and veggies? I have never seen my rubber lips eat any veggies or wafers. It will be a planted tank but I't obviously won't be 100% stocked immediately. I do have an anubias on bogwood - will that be enough to hold them over (the wood and anything growing on the wood plus my ornaments from the 65 gal.)? I just want to make sure I do this correct, I love my plecs!!!

donvichu
06-12-2008, 04:59 PM
For the time being algae wafers or veggies and also the wood and ornaments from your 65 gal should keep him happy

abaigael04
06-12-2008, 05:04 PM
Thank you! I thought it would be enough, but just wanted to make sure or see if there was any way to get the tank a little more established quicker. Although I'm sure with me adding everything from my current tank, it won't take to long anyway!

donvichu
06-12-2008, 05:13 PM
There are lots of others who will comeby to assist you :hmm3grin2orange:

sktadood13
06-13-2008, 02:50 AM
yea algae wafer or a weight down piece of lettace well do.