PDA

View Full Version : Clown food.

abaigael04
06-12-2008, 03:37 PM
Hi! I just got my 4 clowns (will be adding 2 more in the near future) about 2 weeks ago. This might be a silly question - but can I boil up carrots for them? I haven't seen anyone mention carrots? Or does anyone have a list of what I CAN'T feed? I give frozen foods, flakes, sinking pellets, micro wafers and so far have tried banana, potato and lettuce (all eaten greedily). I am going to try zucchini soon, too. What fruit/veggies can they NOT eat? My pleco so far only likes potatoes.
TIA!
Jade

angelcakes
06-12-2008, 04:13 PM
Hi! I just got my 4 clowns (will be adding 2 more in the near future) about 2 weeks ago. This might be a silly question - but can I boil up carrots for them? I haven't seen anyone mention carrots? Or does anyone have a list of what I CAN'T feed? I give frozen foods, flakes, sinking pellets, micro wafers and so far have tried banana, potato and lettuce (all eaten greedily). I am going to try zucchini soon, too. What fruit/veggies can they NOT eat? My pleco so far only likes potatoes.
TIA!
Jade
what you cant feed mmmmmmmm???? not sure
boiling carrots not heard of that one the others i have tried mine on banana and they didnt like,try cucumber aswell,odd peas now and again boiled/steamed then deshelled keeps there bowels going,frozen bloodworm,everything else you give them is fine,:19:

Fishguy2727
06-13-2008, 02:21 PM
I just use New Life Spectrum. Right now I am using Thera+A (treats a number of parasites) as a treatment for the little bit of ick the two new ones have, better and safer than chemical medications. I am not sure of what not to feed them. You may want to try loaches.com for information that in-depth.

What size tank do you have for six clown loaches?
Any oddly patterned ones?

Lady Hobbs
06-13-2008, 02:26 PM
Peas, blanched zuchinni, cukes, shrimp pellets, algae waffers. I have given my watermelon which sometimes they eat and sometimes they don't and also banana that turns nasty fast and needs to not be in the tank more than a couple hours.

angelcakes
06-13-2008, 02:35 PM
Peas, blanched zuchinni, cukes, shrimp pellets, algae waffers. I have given my watermelon which sometimes they eat and sometimes they don't and also banana that turns nasty fast and needs to not be in the tank more than a couple hours.
lady hobbs..........whats cukes????? and how do you feed them watermelon???

abaigael04
06-13-2008, 02:58 PM
I just put in a YELLOW watermelon! I just weighed it down under my bogwood/anubias and they have gone crazy. They liked the banana, but it was a bit hard to feed and gross, too. I just cut the watermelon and left maybe a cm left on the rind and put it under my anubias.
Right now I only have 4 baby loaches, I will be getting my other 2 after my new tank is set up for a few weeks. Right now they are all in a 65 gal, but will be moved to a 125 gal in the next 2-3 weeks. They can't be more than 1-2 inches right now. So far - no oddly patterned ones, and I have 2 (the two smaller ones) that keep fighting. Especially when I feed, even though I try and put 2 pieces in the tank... they ALWAYS go to the same one and the other two mind their own business. ? I have read loaches online but not asked in the forum.. I just saw the carrots in my fridge and thought I might give it a try. They also LOVE frozen brine shrimp and bloodworms - I must say I thought I LOVED catfish and my plecos, but these little guys are just so much fun to watch!

angelcakes
06-13-2008, 03:00 PM
I just put in a YELLOW watermelon! I just weighed it down under my bogwood/anubias and they have gone crazy. They liked the banana, but it was a bit hard to feed and gross, too. I just cut the watermelon and left maybe a cm left on the rind and put it under my anubias.
Right now I only have 4 baby loaches, I will be getting my other 2 after my new tank is set up for a few weeks. Right now they are all in a 65 gal, but will be moved to a 125 gal in the next 2-3 weeks. They can't be more than 1-2 inches right now. So far - no oddly patterned ones, and I have 2 (the two smaller ones) that keep fighting. Especially when I feed, even though I try and put 2 pieces in the tank... they ALWAYS go to the same one and the other two mind their own business. ? I have read loaches online but not asked in the forum.. I just saw the carrots in my fridge and thought I might give it a try. They also LOVE frozen brine shrimp and bloodworms - I must say I thought I LOVED catfish and my plecos, but these little guys are just so much fun to watch!
thank you thats helped me............you are the same as i was when i started with fish..........catfish and plecs........i got clown loaches there now my favourite fish:hmm3grin2orange: great characteristics:1luvu:

Fishguy2727
06-13-2008, 03:14 PM
I have a couple oddly patterned ones. I think I made a thread on them. You may want to search for it if you want to see them.

angelcakes
06-13-2008, 03:15 PM
I have a couple oddly patterned ones. I think I made a thread on them. You may want to search for it if you want to see them.
do you remember what it was called?? and i'll have a look:19:

Fishguy2727
06-13-2008, 03:26 PM
Here (http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=23230) is the thread.

angelcakes
06-13-2008, 03:31 PM
got it..........thanks:19:

abaigael04
06-13-2008, 03:54 PM
I like the first picture of the oddly patterned loach! That is a nice tank... I am also thinking about putting some angels in my 125g. Those axolotls (?) are pretty neat looking! When I get my next two maybe I'll check the patterns on the ones in the tank...

Evil Slimy
06-13-2008, 05:35 PM
Since the question has been answered...
The original post is really funny if you forget that she's talking about fish :)

And congratulations on the new clowns. :19:

Lady Hobbs
06-13-2008, 06:26 PM
Cukes = cucumbers.

I blanch it so they can naw on it easier, stick a fork in it and drop it in the tank.