PDA

View Full Version : my purple fungia plate coral chowing down on a cleaner shrimp

blakepilot
06-12-2008, 08:59 AM
yesterday morning i woke up to the sight of my fungia plate with a mouthful of cleaner shrimp. the shrimp was live and it was not a byproduct of molting. i'm pretty new to the hobby (a few months) but my LFS guy said hes never seen it in 20 years of being in the hobby...so i figure i'd post the pic. you can see his antennae sticking out of the plate's mouth.

btw, i know my sand is dirty, my diamond sifter goby died a few days ago.

Dave66
06-12-2008, 09:10 AM
I've not seen it either, and I've been keeping marines since '82. You should add that photo and the circumstances to the salt water Q&A section of Tropical Fish Hobbyist magazine. Just email them the circumstances and offer that photo to them. tfhmagazine.com is the site.

Dave

blakepilot
06-12-2008, 09:14 AM
I've not seen it either, and I've been keeping marines since '82. You should add that photo and the circumstances to the salt water Q&A section of Tropical Fish Hobbyist magazine. Just email them the circumstances and offer that photo to them. tfhmagazine.com is the site.

Dave

i'll do that!

country_boy454
06-12-2008, 10:56 AM
Great photo by the way!

TowBoater
06-12-2008, 10:57 AM
Very nice! I have one of them in my 55g reef. They are just beautiful aren't they? Awesome picture also!