PDA

View Full Version : moonlights (LED)

sktadood13
06-12-2008, 12:11 AM
ok i thought this was a great idea than my brother and i came up with and i just had to share.

Items needed:
Solar lights stakes...0ne for each bulb... ex:http://www.uberreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/Solar%20Light%20and%20Bug%20Zapper.jpg
LED light bulbs you well need 1.5v or close to it...i used 1.7v
speaker wire

1: take apart the solar lights till u have the solar panels and 2 wires(or prongs) that were connected to the light bulbs.
2. if you dont have room like me to put any extra lights...i drilled a very small hole into the flap for feeding the fish and hot glued the led to the bottem of the flap with the prongs sticking tru the hole.
3.connect the wires from the solar panel to the led light using the speaker wire...1 speaker wire from one prong on the led to the prong(wire) form the panel...if this didnt work just disconnect the wires on the led(leave the wires on the panel) and just reverse the wires on the led
4. final put the panel near a window to collect light...

this works great because it is energy effiecent and it on a self timer....dark out side the light turn on :hmm3grin2orange:

shobi
06-12-2008, 11:59 AM
I have solar LED lights at my garden.. let me give it a try:18:

sktadood13
06-12-2008, 10:04 PM
one thing.. i need to clear up the light part....
once you take apart the solar light...u well see the panel, a computer chip,some wires, and the senor... u need to cut the wires connected directly to the light bulb and then connect those wires to the speaker wires.....the computer chip and everything else should stay....

houie925
06-13-2008, 02:05 AM
good idea. Improvements catalog currently has one that powers 2 LEDs for $25