PDA

View Full Version : how to sucsessfully breed discus?

dean30bb
06-11-2008, 06:22 AM
hey every one
ive got 4 discus all together 1 breeding pair and 2 smaller discus the breeding pair arnt currently breeding at the moment but it has been awhile since they have breed

when hey do breed again how do i stop them from eating there eggs last time i left the first 4 batches and the were eaten the second 2 batches i tryed to raise artificialy and the eggs went fungusy

some advice that ive got is that the dad isnt doing his job beacuse hes not ready yetand that mabey the smaller discus are eating them but there very good parents and the smaller discus wouldnt even go near to eggs or they would be attacted
and another thing was that i should remove the smaller discus from that tank and put the in another tank but i have no more room so i cant do that
plz help me

thanks

angelcakes
06-11-2008, 07:13 AM
read this link and see if it helps
http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/breeding/discus.php

ILuvMyGoldBarb
06-11-2008, 11:56 AM
It is not unusual for young breeding pairs of Discus to eat their eggs. THey are still learning how to do things right. My breeding pair is just over a year old and they still haven't figured out how to not eat their eggs and they have spawned 8-10 times already.

dean30bb
06-12-2008, 01:11 AM
thanks that was good lernt a far bit from that
thanks again