PDA

View Full Version : rays in australia?

dean30bb
06-11-2008, 04:55 AM
hi all

dose anyone no if freshwater rays are leagle in australia if so where can i get them from

thanks

Aeonflame
09-10-2009, 09:39 PM
I cant say for sure but most non indigenous species aren't legal there.

Little Embers
09-11-2009, 05:58 AM
As Aeonflame stated....It is definitely illegal to import stingrays into Australia, which is why you probably won't see them in LFS'. I don't think it is illegal to own them though (you may want to check with the Dept. of Parks and Wildlife to double check just to make sure) and there probably are some private breeders around.

I don't know where you could get one from, but you could check classified sites like this one.....http://www.tradingpost.com.au/Pets-Horses/Aquariums/Browse?PageFlowUseCase=Refine&PreviousPageFlowUseCase=ResultPage&QueryConditionName=Taxonomy&QueryConditionValue=Pets+%26+Horses%2FAquariums&QueryConditionOperand=TE&QueryConditionType=Taxonomy&AdvancedSearch=&State=NSW or ring around LFS' to see if they know anybody that may breed/keep them.

Goodbye
09-11-2009, 06:05 AM
This thread is over a year old. Can we please stop reviving old threads? Would be greatly appreciated. :22:

Little Embers
09-11-2009, 07:18 AM
This thread is over a year old. Can we please stop reviving old threads? Would be greatly appreciated. :22:
My apologies....:22:

Aeonflame
09-11-2009, 11:21 AM
oops, sorry.. my bad