PDA

View Full Version : Snail goo...

smcurry83
06-10-2008, 03:52 PM
I noticed that one of my mystery snails had been depositing some white "goo" on the glass yesterday. It just kinda stayed there for a while and then some of it was gone a little while later. I have the snails for a while now and that's the first time I've seen that.

Anyone know what that might be?

Angila
06-11-2008, 01:10 AM
is it in the water or above the water line? they are kinda like slugs and will leave there goo from time to time if they are crawling around above the water

smcurry83
06-11-2008, 01:13 AM
It's right below the water line. The snail's been at the right below the water line in the exact same spot for about 3 days now. I've never seen that stuff before and they've been all over my tank for the past month or so.

I don't think I've ever seen them out of the water. Can they survive long term out of the water?

Angila
06-12-2008, 12:06 AM
It's right below the water line. The snail's been at the right below the water line in the exact same spot for about 3 days now. I've never seen that stuff before and they've been all over my tank for the past month or so.

I don't think I've ever seen them out of the water. Can they survive long term out of the water?
you got me wild turkey might know i have never had them leave goo in the water and they are air breathin snails & they go up ablove the water line to lay there eggs and sometimes mine will go all the way on the lid over the whole top (inside) and back down in the water...