PDA

View Full Version : Assuming money is not an option...

Fishguy2727
12-04-2006, 01:26 AM
My cousin got in a brochure at the LFS he works at from Oceanic. He said they make a few huge glass tanks. He said they listed a 350 gallon (approximately 6-7 feet long and 2.5-3 feet wide), a 500 gallon, and a 750 gallon (approximately 3 feet wide and 10-12 feet long). He could not remember the exact dimensions. So, assuming money was not a factor, which one(s) would you get and what would you put in them?

I would like the 750 and I would probably want to do top saltwater predators. I am a big fan of and would probably include all of the following: some sort of grouper, (probably 2 or 3), a pair tessalata moray eels, mayeb some other morays, radiata lionfish, some big frogfish, and a shark or two.

Also in a 750 I would like a small breeding size group of blue arowanas, a breeding group of leopoldi stingrays, and probably a few other things.

A 350 would look good with a bunch of Lake Malawi open-water haps (utakas).

Okay, I'll stop. I'm sure I could come up with 10 more setups with these size tanks.

What about you guys?

kimmers318
12-04-2006, 04:39 AM
The 350 for the group of adult clown loaches I dream of! Not sure what I would add as top fish, but that sounds like a great tank for about 6 of those beauties!

Abbeys_Mom
12-04-2006, 01:47 PM
I would get the 750g and get an octopus. Then every once in a while I would swim with him :ezpi_wink1: .

Actually, I would never own an octopus, because you'd have a hard time keeping him in the tank. Apparently they are very strong and will just climb out. I'd hate to wake up on morning with an octopus trying to eat me.

jeffs99dime
12-04-2006, 02:22 PM
if money wasn't an option, then space would not be an option either. i would buy the baltimore aquarium and move in!

Lady Hobbs
12-04-2006, 06:22 PM
I think if I had a very large aquarium I would like tons of Discus. They come in so many different colors and would make a lovely aquarium.

Slinky_Bass
12-04-2006, 06:40 PM
I love discus too, I'd also have a whole lot of them, with lots and lots of bronze corys!

I'd go to town aquascaping the tank with lots of bogwood, rockwork and all sorts of plants to create real underwater jungle for my fish to live and play in.

Alternately, I'd love to keep a bunch of differenlt coloured Axolotls and re-create the natural habitat they are found in (a series of shallow lakes near Mexico City). They are now largely bred and kept in laboratories, and their natural habitat is very much under threat, so I want to keep them in a setup that is as close to home as possible.

Cichlid_Man
12-04-2006, 07:48 PM
I probably would go with Arowana.
I love those fish but I haven't the tank for them.

My other fish would be a marine type. I always liked varieties of Damselfish. Lots and Lots of Damselfish

Fishguy2727
12-05-2006, 01:35 AM
Damsels end up ugly (solid gray) and aggressive. I think that's one thing many people don't realize, I didn't until recently.

Cichlid_Man
12-05-2006, 02:49 AM
There are some real pretty damselfish and I like aggression.

These 2 guys won't turn grey ever.
A yellow damsel and a golden damsel..
There are tons of different varieties.
It's a matter of taste.
My cousin has over a hundred damsels in his tank and it is the most awesome sight I have ever seen.

jman
12-05-2006, 07:36 PM
I would have two spawning arowanas for the 750g simply my favorite fish

freshwaterfishlover
12-09-2006, 10:30 PM
If money was no option, I wolud buy a 20 Gallon for a Crayfish and a 55 gallon for 1 or 2 Piranhas.