PDA

View Full Version : Help..Hookworm in goldfish

donvichu
06-09-2008, 03:55 AM
Hi this morning I found two normal golds and one of my black moore with hook worms on their tail fin.I removed thos hook worms and increased the salt level in water and added the DR.MEDI medicine,apart from which I have also added a pinch of tetracyclin 250mg,Is this ok?please give me some suggestion

donvichu
06-09-2008, 07:32 AM
Hello anybody at all who knows about hook worm or am I naming it wrong?:kane34:

angelcakes
06-09-2008, 07:39 AM
me it sounds like a parasitic worm possible anchour worm so heres some advice if it is,
The anchor worm can be removed with tweezers from the infected fish, the bloody spot dipped once with iodine or hydrogen peroxide on a cotton swab, and then daily application of neosporin creme. If the anchor worm is on a newly aquired fish in quarantine, thats mostly all thats needed. If the whole tank is infected, additional measures are asked for. Medications like Dimillin or Program as well as other readily available remedies are neccessary in that case. Anchors Away can be used, and has (Dimillin)Diflubenzuron as main ingredient. Salt is great as well.

Precautions:Even though the visible anchor worm might be removed, there is still a good chance that there are larvae in the tank, especially if the tank is heavily infested. Before the anchor worm can be seen,damage could already be done to the gills and skin of the fish. Secondary infections from the open wound are also possible, so a round of medicated food is a good idea.

good luck buddy but anchour worm is the only thing i can come up with:19:

donvichu
06-09-2008, 07:41 AM
sorry it is called anchor worms on net but called hook worms here...my mistake sorry..

donvichu
06-09-2008, 07:42 AM
me it sounds like a parasitic worm possible anchour worm so heres some advice if it is,
The anchor worm can be removed with tweezers from the infected fish, the bloody spot dipped once with iodine or hydrogen peroxide on a cotton swab, and then daily application of neosporin creme. If the anchor worm is on a newly aquired fish in quarantine, thats mostly all thats needed. If the whole tank is infected, additional measures are asked for. Medications like Dimillin or Program as well as other readily available remedies are neccessary in that case. Anchors Away can be used, and has (Dimillin)Diflubenzuron as main ingredient. Salt is great as well.

Precautions:Even though the visible anchor worm might be removed, there is still a good chance that there are larvae in the tank, especially if the tank is heavily infested. Before the anchor worm can be seen,damage could already be done to the gills and skin of the fish. Secondary infections from the open wound are also possible, so a round of medicated food is a good idea.

good luck buddy but anchour worm is the only thing i can come up with:19:

Thank you soooooo much you didnt let me down buddy....thanks a lot....I appreciate your effort

angelcakes
06-09-2008, 07:43 AM
sorry it is called anchor worms on net but called hook worms here...my mistake sorry..
dont apologise some meanings mean something else in another part of the world.......i knew what you meant :19:

angelcakes
06-09-2008, 07:44 AM
Thank you soooooo much you didnt let me down....thanks a lot
glad to of helped:19:

donvichu
06-09-2008, 07:49 AM
dont apologise some meanings mean something else in another part of the world.......i knew what you meant

your help really means a lot to me cos every fish is like my kid...thanks a lot :1luvu: :thumb:

donvichu
06-09-2008, 07:58 AM
Please suggest if I can change blog topic from hookworm to Anchorworm please angelcakes

angelcakes
06-09-2008, 08:05 AM
Please suggest if I can change blog topic from hookworm to Anchorworm please angelcakes
if you mean the title in thread i dont think you can change it,if you can i dont know how to change it:19:

donvichu
06-09-2008, 08:36 AM
if you mean the title in thread i dont think you can change it,if you can i dont know how to change it:19:

thank you :c3: :c3: :c3:

donvichu
06-10-2008, 07:11 AM
Yahooooooo...the fishes are alright now even the bloody spot has gone and is almost healed,I changed the water in the tank totally and cleaned everything in the tank with reaaaaaalllllly hooooot water and dried it out in the sun,as for the aquarium I cleaned it with bleach and water and everything is cool now,since I donot have a problem with ammonia,nitrites and nitrates its cool :19: :19: :hmm3grin2orange:

angelcakes
06-10-2008, 07:22 AM
Yahooooooo...the fishes are alright now even the bloody spot has gone and is almost healed,I changed the water in the tank totally and cleaned everything in the tank with reaaaaaalllllly hooooot water and dried it out in the sun,as for the aquarium I cleaned it with bleach and water and everything is cool now,since I donot have a problem with ammonia,nitrites and nitrates its cool :19: :19: :hmm3grin2orange:
yay.........pleased for you.............glad fish are all ok now:19: