PDA

View Full Version : Links

Fishguy2727
12-03-2006, 02:37 PM
I think there should be a whole section on here dedicated to links. For those times when I don't have time to read them, or they were here before someone came, or I just want to go back. I think it would be great to have a single place that we can go to and anytime we post a link in any thread, post it in the links forum as well with a description of the site. There are just a ton of good links out there that I have not stumbled onto that others have.

f1oored
12-03-2006, 03:06 PM
How about this link?

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/forumdisplay.php?f=56

It is where suggestions are supposed to go! lol
But I get what you are saying and that would be a very nice feature. It gets hard when someone posted a link a while back and you can't remember what thread it was in.

Fishguy2727
12-03-2006, 03:24 PM
I like your signature, thank you.

I though it might go somewhere else, but I didn't know how many people looked up there.

William
12-03-2006, 05:26 PM
Will look into finding a solution. However it would be hard to move/dispay every topic that has a link somewhere in it. Posts made to recommend links to others is something else and could easily be given their own forum.

Fishguy2727
12-03-2006, 10:27 PM
I wouldn't expect every formerly posted link, just from here out. And if someone stumbles across one or know where they made one, to try and stick it in the link forum.

f1oored
12-03-2006, 10:37 PM
Maybe instead of it's own forum we can just have a link page with a list and when people come across good links they can forward them to william and he can add them to the list.

crackatinny
12-03-2006, 10:38 PM
Great idea
Heres one for the Aussies, I posted it elseswhere a while back, but like you say, having a specific thread for links would really be the go.

http://www.aquariumproducts.com.au/

It is a site for online products in Australia

William
12-04-2006, 04:16 PM
I didn't mean that the problem would be every formerly posted link. What I meant is that if someone post a topic about a site they want to recommend it easy to have a special forum for them put if someone like in this thread post a link a bit down in the topic ( 7th post in this thread.) the thread usually fits better in the forum the question was initially about than in a link forum.

did that make any sense.

A links page might be an alternative.

Fishguy2727
12-04-2006, 05:03 PM
I agree, but you can have it both ways. If I find some great site, I can post it in the link section. If I am replying to a post and, for example, list a link to a good site, I should also try and post it in the link section. That way it goes into the link section and the relevent thread.

William
12-06-2006, 02:07 PM
That might work. I'll make a link section soon. Just have to decide where to put it.

jeffs99dime
12-06-2006, 02:43 PM
that's a very, very, good idea.

William
12-10-2006, 11:44 PM
There is now a links forum. See link below the general aquarium forum.