PDA

View Full Version : Favorite breed?

Ryuu
06-07-2008, 01:31 PM
Sorry, dumb question, whats your favroite breed of dog, cats, and what kind do you own?

My fav dog breed is the golden retriever, as for cats, I like ragdolls.

Right now I have a 7 week german shepard puppy.

johnl
06-07-2008, 01:35 PM
Irish Setter. Don't have anything but fish at the moment.

Billythefish
06-07-2008, 01:38 PM
My best dog breed is boxer! And i dont like cats thay stink of pee!:hmm3grin2orange:

Ryuu
06-07-2008, 01:45 PM
Im not a cat person either, actually I really really dont like them, they smell, and there stuck up lil #$& bu tif I had to id choose a ragdoll

Minderella83
06-07-2008, 01:52 PM
I like all kinds of dogs. I have 2 Pembroke Welsh Corgis, 1 German Shepard, 1lab/german shepard mix( my avatar) and 1 australian shepard/german shepard mix.

Ryuu
06-07-2008, 01:54 PM
Sorrty forgot to add one, my tied fav breed is a pomeranian, there so fluffy lol. and I LOVE CORGIS there awesome

gem
06-07-2008, 02:19 PM
I love Boxers. I have 3 of them. I could live the rest of my life without cats frankly! I have had them in the past and my favorite was my patchwork calico D.C.

ILuvMyGoldBarb
06-07-2008, 02:23 PM
I don't like any breed of cat really. LOL As for Dogs, my favorite is actually a Spitz mix. Nice small-medium dog with lots of personality and very very loving. I miss my baby. :(

ladyoutlaw50
06-07-2008, 02:49 PM
my favorite breed of dog is Shetland Sheepdog AKA Sheltie. I have one who is almost 15 I have had him since he was 6 weeks old. His AKC name is Sir Nicholas of Windham -- his nick name is Porky. :hmm3grin2orange: He has put on a little bit of weight in his old age -- kinda like his owner!! LOL
I enjoy cats, but have no particular favorite. I own a cat now her name is Salem and she is pure black with 5 white hairs on her neck. Yes she is psycho!! but we love her anyway and she loves the fish tanks -- lays and watches them for hours!!

gem
06-07-2008, 03:02 PM
5 white hairs??? You counted them??? LOL Are you sure? Count again. Hehehe J/K

ladyoutlaw50
06-07-2008, 03:09 PM
5 white hairs??? You counted them??? LOL Are you sure? Count again. Hehehe J/K

Yep we keep an eye on it --- it is funny -- my daughter found her at the animal refuge leaque on sept. 11, 2001 -- I was a little freaked about the black thing -- but she found the hairs -- so Salem came to live with us on 911
she is also the cat that almost killed me in 2003 -- she is an inside cat. I had just been thru having my thyroid out due to cancer and had just finished up some of my treatments -- Salem got out-- I grabbed her and she bit me -- I did clean it -- but it swelled and then the swelling went down a day later -- never thought anything about it until 2 months later when I was very very sick -- to make a long story short -- they found I had a very serious blood infection that attacked my heart -- we figured it was caused by the bacteria in the cat bite entering my blood and the fact that I was so weak from the cancer treatments and surgery and all -- my body couldn't fight back and the infection took over --- I ended up with Bacterial Endocarditus and was given a 5% chance of survival -- 2 months later I underwent open heart surgery and had 2 valves repaired. It has been 5 years and I am here to tell the story!! Thank God!! And yes I kept the cat -- but if she gets out for any reason -- I DO NOT go after here!!! I am very nervous around cats now as well.
So there is my story!!!

MeganL3985
06-07-2008, 03:37 PM
Boston Terriers are my favorite breed of dog. I have one and when I first got her (4 yrs ago next month), we lived in an apartment complex. There were 5 other bostons and we would all get our dogs together once a week in the tennis court to play together. All 6 of them are such sweet dogs. They're playful, but gentle.....they're people pleasers and they are little love bugs.
I want another one eventually, but my husband wants a mini Dachshund. lol

country_boy454
06-07-2008, 03:39 PM
I have two breeds of dogs I like the most: blue weimaraner (http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/images12/Weimaraneroscstand7months105lbs.JPG)(this one is 7 months old and weighs 105lbs!) and rottweilers. Currently I don't own a dog cause of the apartment but when we get our own house I am getting a weim pup! Don't care for cats unless they are outside only! I must say though I like the siamese(sp) cats! I have a cockatiel that stays at my mothers house. I like birds very much. Hoping to own a macaw one day.

MandyL
06-07-2008, 04:36 PM
It's too hard to pick... I love Greyhounds and Mastiffs. More of the calmer, large breeds. But any dog is a member of the family regardless of breed. I like cats but am allergic to them so never had one.

MCHRKiller
06-07-2008, 04:43 PM
Not entirely a breed but Im a huge fan of wolf mixes, I have a 150lb German shepard/Timber wolf cross and he is the best dog I have ever owned. Close second are Pits and Bordeux Mastiffs. As for cats nothing can beat a Maine Coon I have a 13 year old Red/White Maine named Muff...shes a great cat. She doesnt reak of pee and shes content just to lay in your lap half the day...and she has never scratched anyone :)

angelcakes
06-07-2008, 05:30 PM
My best dog breed is boxer! And i dont like cats thay stink of pee!:hmm3grin2orange:
and cats like the fish in the pond..........it murdered my sturgeon!!!!!
my favourite breed of dog.........stafforshire bull terrier:19:

graceluvsplatys
06-07-2008, 06:23 PM
I like dachshunds and persian cats.
I have a dachshund and a mix cat ( was a stray, have no idea)

sandy_n
06-08-2008, 01:15 AM
My heart belongs to the german shepherd. :l20: :l20: :l20:

fastfly
06-08-2008, 04:04 AM
A Mutt.........

crackatinny
06-08-2008, 07:08 AM
Used to love German sheapards, still do, but with 7 Shi tzus, I would have to say them:27:

nanaglen2001
06-08-2008, 08:36 AM
Cant stand German Shepards due to bad childhood memories. And I dont like those tiny "Meat-eating-Guinea-Pigs" (Yorkshires and so on). For me a dog has to be at least kneehigh/tall. Favourite dogs: Kangals, "Deutsche Doggen", Irish Wolfhounds, Mastinos, Rhodesian Ridgebacks, Malamoutes or just a good looking tall mixed dog.

I am not a Cat type, but if ever a cat, it would be a Maine Coon. (Man I have the chance to get a pure bred one, but after some thoughts I guess I wont get me one. Too much damage to my furniture, Adios holidays, stinking cat toilet...nah no thanks)

Arkie
06-08-2008, 08:48 AM
my fave breed of dog is the cross breed i own now a "smoodle" he is a silky x maltese x poodle. he is the loyalist little dog i have had. he has saved me from a tiger snake when i was pregnant, and he once saved a little bird from getting eaten by my cats lol.

my fave cat breed is a persian. one of my cats is a persian cross, so cute and friendly..... towards people lol, she hates my dog and my other two cats. she is rather stuck up but we love her anyways. i think it was kinda my fault naming her cleo after cleopatra the queen of egypt lol

sPuD
06-08-2008, 09:27 AM
Gotta love the heniz 57 - a dog with 57 different ingridients - just like the baked beans. LOL not that picky- dosn't have to be 57 excatly. Next to a motly mutt. i like border terriers. They have so much spunky.LOL

Cats are OK but i don't like their claws. I have a tabby and you don't wanna b near her in a playful mood. lol

Rue
06-08-2008, 02:33 PM
I have many favourites...can't pick just one...

Right now we have a Curly-coated Retriever, Miniature Dachshund and an American Bulldog.

My favourite cat breed is the 'barn cat'. I like the basic boxy cat shape. Of the purebreds I like the Devon Rex.

gm72
06-08-2008, 03:03 PM
All of ours are humane society rescues, so breeds are sort of a guessing game. Most of the cats are domestic short hair. Dogs:
1. Aayla=pit bull/black lab mix
2. Sierra=Golden retriever/collie mix
3. Razzberry (yes that's how we spell it)=wiry haired little terrier mix
4. Tomi=Hound of some kind
5. Sunshine=St. Bernard

Not really sure I have a favorite, love them all!

chingy12
06-08-2008, 03:08 PM
Favorite dog is Great Dane, Beaucerons, Rottweilers, and German Shepherds. I love big dogs, cats are Ok. I am owned by a Rottie, German Shepherd, and a Amazon parrot

jd6405
06-11-2008, 01:38 AM
Don't really have a favorite breed of dog, but my favoirte breed of cat is "Tucker" - MY CAT! LOL!! He is a mut - I am pretty sure he is part ragdool though.
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p244/jd6405/Tucker001.jpg

TowBoater
06-11-2008, 12:09 PM
I like certain dogs for certain things. For a house dog, you can't beat the Brussel Griffon. For hunting by far I like the Black and Tan Coon hounds. For just a faithful and hardworking dog, a border collie is above all. I hate cats....