PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow Lori

crackatinny
06-06-2008, 12:25 AM
This is our Rainbow lorikeet cock bird, we are currently looking for a girlfreind for him. As you can see, he is very inqisitive and loves the camera.

MandyL
06-06-2008, 12:58 AM
WOW - he is gorgeous!! What kind of personality?

crackatinny
06-06-2008, 01:04 AM
They are great, very lively, and they sort of hop along the branches, this guy will be a breeder, but my mate has a tame one, he gets it out, cuddles it, it imitates his phone ring tone very well, then says hello, as if answering, he has also taught it to say, Jan sucks (his wifes name).

Drumachine09
06-06-2008, 01:05 AM
They are great, very lively, and they sort of hop along the branches, this guy will be a breeder, but my mate has a tame one, he gets it out, cuddles it, it imitates his phone ring tone very well, then says hello, as if answering, he has also taught it to say, Jan sucks (his wifes name).

HAHAHA! Thats one cool bird!

That is a great picture crack. Very nice color. Are the females as colorful? I'd image they'd be more dull.

crackatinny
06-06-2008, 01:07 AM
Here is another pic of him upright, it shows his colour better.

crackatinny
06-06-2008, 01:10 AM
HAHAHA! Thats one cool bird!

That is a great picture crack. Very nice color. Are the females as colorful? I'd image they'd be more dull.

Females are identical, almost impossible to sex visually, I am relying on my mates word with this ones sex, based on behavior and head shape, he has bred birds all his life.

He actualy bought me a mate for this one for my birthday, but the night of my party, he tried to catch it to bring it to me, and it escaped.

squirt_12
06-06-2008, 01:24 AM
That is one VERY nice looking bird you have there crack! Awesome colours. :19:

MandyL
06-06-2008, 01:28 AM
Just another reminder that the most beautiful and colourful things are still found in nature. No human could make something with nicer colours than that.

crackatinny
06-06-2008, 01:32 AM
Just another reminder that the most beautiful and colourful things are still found in nature. No human could make something with nicer colours than that.

There are a lot of manbred colour mutations of these, but nothing i've seen compares to the original nature bred variety.

These are actually a pest in Australia, and it is ilegal to intentionaly let aviary bred ones free, they love to eat fruit, and the can destroy a fruit plantation.

Drip Loop
06-06-2008, 01:35 AM
That is the most colorful bird I have ever seen.

sktadood13
06-22-2008, 03:29 AM
wow...if i would of seen that in a pet store some were i would diffently think that some messed with ts genes to get those olors..but i read the replies and i guess its natural. nice bird!! i love the colors

crackatinny
06-22-2008, 03:32 AM
wow...if i would of seen that in a pet store some were i would diffently think that some messed with ts genes to get those olors..but i read the replies and i guess its natural. nice bird!! i love the colors

Yep, definately all natural.
I have just got a breeding pair yesterday.