PDA

View Full Version : Possible Ill Angelfish - What to do?

fins_n_fur
06-05-2008, 07:16 PM
I have 3 pairs of angels (see other fish in signature). The gold pair have been spawning off and on and I think they are about to try again. They nearly always "fight" or protect their territory from the black pair when getting ready to spawn, which is fair enough.. The striped pair seem to do their best to avoid the quarreling and they hardly ever get chased by the gold pair.

I have noticed that one of the striped pair is super quiet...either swimming at the top of the tank or at the bottom doing it's best to avoid all other fish in the tank. It's also lost some of it's coloring suggesting that it's stressed. It came up this morning for food, but I didn't notice it eating. Tonight, it tried frozen brine shrimp (defrosted) and the usual Hikari micro wafers, but just spit them out. Tank parameters are normal and the rest of the fish seem fine and dandy. It's not bloated either.

I don't see any outward signs of injury or disease, so I don't know what to do. Should I take the pair of striped and put in a hospital tank or just watch for another day or so? Or should I just move the quiet one to the hospital tank? Thoughts or suggestions or other information that you would like me to provide? Thanks!

fins_n_fur
06-06-2008, 08:16 AM
Errrrmmmmm....anyone? LOL Thought or idea or question?

Billythefish
06-06-2008, 10:40 AM
Hi it would seem to me that your angel maybe the the weeker fish in your tank, and is sress by your breading pair's attacks and has no idea what to do with its self, i'd try put him in a tank of its own! :laugh1blue:

Billythefish
06-06-2008, 10:56 AM
Oh i'd like to add that i mean you should add your upset angel and its mate!, ive had my best time's with angels when there in a tank on there own not in a community tank!
You could also consider that your angel may be past breeding and this could be why its fading in colour!.

angelcakes
06-06-2008, 11:39 AM
,it sounds to me there maybe male aggresion and the other two pairs are ok with this but the striped pair i would remove,

Lady Hobbs
06-06-2008, 12:17 PM
I think I would move your spawning pair out until after they have spawned then return them to the other tank. Having a spawn in a tank with other angels will really stress the others out. They probably have been bullied and will keep their head tilted up to show a stance of non-aggression to the others.

This is why angels sharing a tank does not work. Angel pairs need their own tanks.

fins_n_fur
06-06-2008, 05:47 PM
Thank you everyone for all of your help and assistance! :19: