PDA

View Full Version : Pakistani loach draws blood

Ghostknife
06-04-2008, 12:43 PM
Hey, thought I would share this with you.

Was sitting watching 'The Amazing Race', when out of the corner of my eye, I see one of my Pakistani Loaches darting in the water, he darted so much that he cannoned himself out of the tank. Before anybody has a go, the lid was on, he jumped out through the finger hole. My Girlfriend went to quickly pick him up off the tiled floor when he 'struck', obviously being afraid and whatever. Megans finger started bleeding. He bit that hard. Amazing I thought.

Now I think I know who has been having a nip at one my Congo Tetras. Dont worry though, this particular loach is still my fave fish.

Not my girlfriends fave anymore though.. hee hee

:hmm3grin2orange:

Arkie
06-04-2008, 12:47 PM
glad to hear your fish is ok, not so good about your girlfriends finger. hope it gets better quick and the fish has learnt its lesson.
:11:

Ghostknife
06-04-2008, 12:49 PM
glad to hear your fish is ok, not so good about your girlfriends finger. hope it gets better quick and the fish has learnt its lesson.
:11:

I am sure it has, it went straight to the bold corner!! lol

Billythefish
06-04-2008, 01:20 PM
Haha i like the fact your more concerned about the fish lol

angelcakes
06-04-2008, 02:26 PM
Haha i like the fact your more concerned about the fish lol
trust you:hmm3grin2orange:
wow that must of hurt

toddnbecka
06-04-2008, 05:04 PM
Did it bite, or stab her with one of the spines under their eyes? The spines aren't noticeable unless "flexed", I kept clown loaches for years before actually seeing/noticing the spines on an occaision when one was netted. They popped up like little switchblades, and seemed to disappear when they relaxed.

Angila
06-04-2008, 07:33 PM
I have a bit of a temper on me when i get hurt so if it was me getting bit i woulda spanked the little guy lol....:hmm3grin2orange:

country_boy454
06-05-2008, 03:05 AM
Well glad to hear the fish is ok and you g/f didn't get too seriously hurt!

I have a bit of a temper on me when i get hurt so if it was me getting bit i woulda spanked the little guy lol....:hmm3grin2orange:

I can just imagine you with the fish bent over your knee giving it a whoopin! Bad fishy..... BAD!

Angila
06-05-2008, 04:21 AM
Well glad to hear the fish is ok and you g/f didn't get too seriously hurt!

I can just imagine you with the fish bent over your knee giving it a whoopin! Bad fishy..... BAD!
Hahahaha u bet i am a mean mommy lol just kidding u should not spank your fish

bluekrissyspikes
06-05-2008, 04:55 PM
Did it bite, or stab her with one of the spines under their eyes? The spines aren't noticeable unless "flexed", I kept clown loaches for years before actually seeing/noticing the spines on an occaision when one was netted. They popped up like little switchblades, and seemed to disappear when they relaxed.

that's what i was thinking. the poor thing probably had it's spines out because it was terrified.

Ghostknife
06-05-2008, 09:13 PM
that's what i was thinking. the poor thing probably had it's spines out because it was terrified.

I have never seen the spikes you lads talk of, but big possibility it was. The angle I was coming at was from the top of his head, I thought he quickly flicked and bit, but maybe he spiked us!! Good defence mechanism!!