PDA

View Full Version : Got my shocker for today

Lady Hobbs
06-03-2008, 08:01 PM
If you've read my posts, you know I have oddles of firemouth fry. I thought I would lighten it up a tad and added a dozen to my silver dollar, featherfin and parrot tank. I haven't seen them since so figured they were long gone.

Today I do a good cleaning of the tank and would you believe it........there are still there! I fished out about 8 of them and know there are still others there but how in the world did they live thru those large fish! And they've had nothing to eat unless they managed to snag a speck now and then.

sandy-n put the hex on me! She mentioned those babies today and 5 minutes later I was doing my cleaning!

Incredulous_Ed
06-03-2008, 09:14 PM
lol. What er you going to do with them?

country_boy454
06-03-2008, 09:34 PM
Wow thats a surprise they lived!:19:

Lady Hobbs
06-03-2008, 10:56 PM
lol. What er you going to do with them?

Send them all to you.

nanaglen2001
06-04-2008, 05:38 AM
Those tiny ones stay on the bottom an can slip in tiny spaces for cover. Those Minis you got out of the tank are the clever ones. And in every tank wich runs for some time there is enough stuff for fry to feed on.

What you did was kind of natural selection tending towards the brain. And those little fellaws really deserved to survive.

Give them a lets say 150 gallon tank and keep them. Meekis can be kept nicely as a school, and they know each other so agressiveness should be minimal :hmm3grin2orange: (That with the 150 g was a joke)

Just watch them grow, and worry later.

Ellen4God
06-05-2008, 03:31 AM
Wow. That's crazy. Can you sell them to a lfs?

Lady Hobbs
06-05-2008, 04:37 AM
Nope. Sure can't. Not around here. Algenco might be getting a care package one of these days whether he wants one or not. LOL

Lady Hobbs
06-05-2008, 04:41 AM
Those tiny ones stay on the bottom an can slip in tiny spaces for cover. Those Minis you got out of the tank are the clever ones. And in every tank wich runs for some time there is enough stuff for fry to feed on.

What you did was kind of natural selection tending towards the brain. And those little fellaws really deserved to survive.

Give them a lets say 150 gallon tank and keep them. Meekis can be kept nicely as a school, and they know each other so agressiveness should be minimal :hmm3grin2orange: (That with the 150 g was a joke)

Just watch them grow, and worry later.

The parents are really wonderful, aren't they? I just can't get over how sweet they are to their babies. I have about a dozen with the parents yet (couldn't catch them) and those little buggers swim over to the other pair in the tank and they leave them alone, too. I wish my tank was larger as I really would like to have more of them. I have 4 in my 55 gallon now but would like to have about 7-8. I just don't want more babies!

Incredulous_Ed
06-05-2008, 04:59 AM
Send them all to you.
heh, heh, NO.

nanaglen2001
06-05-2008, 05:40 AM
Firemouths are known for the fact that they "steal" and "adopt" the fry from other breeding FMs.