PDA

View Full Version : sick???

themuffinbandit
06-02-2008, 09:04 PM
so my other female betta, the full red one has some wierd silver spots on her sides. they arent scattered all over her body, just in a line from the tail to near the head. a single line. kind of like this pattern

---------------------------------- ------------
------------------------------------------------- tail
head ---------------------------------------
lower part of the side of her body

i have no idea what htis is or if it was there before but shes eating normally and her behavior is normal. but still it kind of makes me wonder. i dont think its ick. is it some other type of disease? again, the silver spots are symmetrical as in they are the same on both sides of her body and seem to be on her scales or are her scales. lol umm they dont protrude at all so i dont think its external parasites so any ideas? or is it just part of her color... lol -___-

Ryuu
06-02-2008, 09:11 PM
It sounds normal just part of her, what are your water parameters, and what size tank si she in and does she have a heater and filter ect?

Tolley
06-02-2008, 09:56 PM
a photo would really help here

invadertoast
06-02-2008, 11:07 PM
Sounds like you're describing her natural color - I had an all red female that developed symmetrical blue scales running down her sizes. They just looked like little flecks of color.

Pictures?

Mvjnz
06-03-2008, 12:12 AM
horizontal lines are usually a sign of stress.

Drip Loop
06-03-2008, 12:29 AM
a photo would really help here

I Agree...

kaoticice
06-03-2008, 01:05 AM
Looked like sign of stress lateral line. Nothing much to worry about, they usually have those patterning when they are stressed.

themuffinbandit
06-03-2008, 05:46 AM
o no..its not like a stress one.. lol... believe me... ive seen that when i moved her... shes still her regular brightness...not dulled at all... lol... and the stripes when shes stressed are black on her...not silver...and as for the picture... i tried but it comes out really fuzzy or u cant see it b/c its so small... lol

kaoticice
06-03-2008, 06:07 AM
I really can't picture it in my head at the moment. My guess is ick or white spot. Generally being an external parasite, you can treat them with aquarium salt and melafix.

Soryy can't give any better answer since the disease aren't clear in my head.

Ed

Nick_Pavlovski
06-03-2008, 06:23 AM
It does seem to be connected to the fish's lateral line, though.

angelcakes
06-03-2008, 07:15 AM
I Agree...
i agree to a pic would be good.....

themuffinbandit
06-03-2008, 02:39 PM
i agree to a pic would be good.....

okay i know a pic would be good and believe me ive tried but she moves way too much for me to get one of her. that and even when she does stay still i cant seem to get a good shot of her not moving.

kaoticice
06-03-2008, 03:46 PM
I'm pointing at water temperature at the moment. When temperatures are lower then the optimum temperature, the enzymes in the fish would not work as efficient and may come to a halt (death of a fish) when temperature are too low. During this slowing process, the fish will be a little inactive and are likely to be prone to diseases and stress.

As I stated before, for safety precautions you can get yourself some aquarium salt and melafix as a general treatment for the fish.

Ed

themuffinbandit
06-03-2008, 07:17 PM
already did it...lol... =) i think shes fine shes really active and still jumps and stuff so its all good i think.

Drip Loop
06-03-2008, 07:54 PM
okay i know a pic would be good and believe me ive tried but she moves way too much for me to get one of her. that and even when she does stay still i cant seem to get a good shot of her not moving.

If you cannot produce a picture than what you will get here is going to be mainly speculation based on your description. There are just so many possibilities.