PDA

View Full Version : Are my angels stunted?

graceluvsplatys
05-31-2008, 09:35 PM
I just bought three one year old angels from a lady. They were kept in terrible conditions, with dirty water and carbon rocks. I have no clue what type of angel they are, but they are only 2.5 inches long, with shredded fins. I was glad to take them because i want to give them a better life, even if they aren't the prettiest fish in town. Is there growth stunted? they seem small. Also, how long does it take for fins to grow back?

thanks, graces sister, Allie

graceluvsplatys
05-31-2008, 11:36 PM
ps. this is grace, real grace, sorry about all the angel questions... she took over my account and posted like 5 things all saying the same thing

kaoticice
06-01-2008, 08:14 AM
Can't really say, there are chances that it may be stunted, wait and see for a couple of months i guess.

graceluvsplatys
06-01-2008, 04:50 PM
yeah, but I cant get a bigger tank for them... will they attack my ohter fish if I put them in my 20 tall? I only am allowed to have 2 tanks

MCHRKiller
06-02-2008, 12:36 AM
Id leave the angles where they are now, the tank is going to have to cycle and no sense using the healthy fish from your 20G to do that with. Now the 8 platties from your 20G could definatly be happy in a 10G and 3 angles could grow to adult size in a standard 20G. The choice of doing the move around is up to you. Fish continue to grow threwout their entire lives, stunting just makes it harder for that pattern to continue. Since they are 2" you can safely say they are still young fish so Im sure with even improving their 10G they could do very well. Fish are resiliant creatures.

bluekrissyspikes
06-27-2008, 08:59 PM
a ten g is not big enough for 3 angel fish. i have one angel in a 30g and he could use more space. i hate to see fish all cramped up like that. if they are only 2" and a year old, they are probably stunted. my angelfish is about 7" long, maybe even 8 and it is not even a year old yet.