PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard of this food?

Lady Hobbs
05-31-2008, 02:40 PM
http://www.mreed.com/dryfoods.shtml

No preservatives.

Made in CA.

Wild Turkey
05-31-2008, 02:46 PM
Site seems unprofessional, i would order small amounts of anything first, just in case. I was gonna look up whats in the fry food, except the guy wont tell you whats in it or who makes it...seems "fishy"

Lady Hobbs
05-31-2008, 03:06 PM
It's homemade food and not a big corp, apparently.

What confuses me is that food imported in that contains fish meal must contain the preservatives. But this guy ships all over with no preservative so what's up with that?

I've also been reading that "fish meal" can contain any part of the fish. The heads, tails, scales, etc. It doesn't mean the meat of this fish. Perhaps one day we will all be getting Mad Fish disease. haha

Wild Turkey
05-31-2008, 03:24 PM
I've also been reading that "fish meal" can contain any part of the fish. The heads, tails, scales, etc. It doesn't mean the meat of this fish. Perhaps one day we will all be getting Mad Fish disease. haha

Ya "fish meal" means heads, scales, bones, tails, everything you wouldnt eat basically, its a by product of fish packaging plants, they sell it off to another plant that turns it into fish food, how ironic huh?

snipers_den
05-31-2008, 08:17 PM
....a 5lb bag of fish flakes???...what are they feeding, a fish version of Jabba the Hut...and with no preservatives one would think it would go stale in a package of that magnitude...

luvfins
05-31-2008, 08:48 PM
....a 5lb bag of fish flakes???...what are they feeding, a fish version of Jabba the Hut...and with no preservatives one would think it would go stale in a package of that magnitude...

LOL!!!
Even with preservatives...that much fish food would last me 10 yrs!

Adrian
05-31-2008, 08:53 PM
An old saying comes to mind for me here. " If it aint broke, don't fix it." If your fish are happy with what you are feeding them, why change?

crackatinny
05-31-2008, 09:42 PM
Thought this was gunna be another NLS thread.:27:

Crack is sad now:11:

Wild Turkey
05-31-2008, 10:02 PM

LOL seriously, or is someone out there eating this stuff?

Incredulous_Ed
05-31-2008, 10:20 PM
An old saying comes to mind for me here. " If it aint broke, don't fix it." If your fish are happy with what you are feeding them, why change?
Who knows? The food might be 10x better than what you are currently feeding. The only really way to know is to try it.

kaoticice
06-01-2008, 12:06 AM
No ingredient and guarantee analysis listed, i would avoid it!:11:

Lady Hobbs
06-01-2008, 12:43 AM

I found the ingredients listed somewhere because that's where I saw it contains no preservative.

So......is there something wrong with trying something new? I had a Penquin but thought I would "try" an Aqua Clear. I had gravel but thought I would "try" sand. I will not be getting it for my fish but wanted to know if anyone had heard of it.

I will be ordering some of Takashi Amana's fish food tho.

sandy_n
06-01-2008, 12:56 AM
Thought this was gunna be another NLS thread.:27:

Crack is sad now:11:

ROFLMAO......good one! :hmm3grin2orange:
Please don't be sad. :11:

sandy_n
06-01-2008, 12:59 AM

Here ya go.

http://www.mreed.com/drylabels.shtml

Lady Hobbs
06-01-2008, 03:44 AM
Thanks Sandy. I was too lazy to go look for it.

The fry food is what I was interested in, not the regular food. Something to take the place of the baby brine shrimp.

kaoticice
06-01-2008, 03:45 AM
Opps looked like i missed it.
Looks pretty descent to me in terms of ingredient. Guarantee analysis is pretty good also, except they didn't state their ash content which is the down side.

Edited: with a high content of protein, i think its pretty suitable for a fry food
Ed

Adrian
06-01-2008, 03:55 AM
I found the ingredients listed somewhere because that's where I saw it contains no preservative.

So......is there something wrong with trying something new? I had a Penquin but thought I would "try" an Aqua Clear. I had gravel but thought I would "try" sand. I will not be getting it for my fish but wanted to know if anyone had heard of it.

I will be ordering some of Takashi Amana's fish food tho.

Sorry Hobbsy, I shouldn't have been so short. Stress is still getting me from trying to take care of an 85 year old father in law.

Nothing wrong with trying something new. After all, if I get a steak, from say one restaurant, and another restaurant offers the same steak, but it tastes better, I probably would go there from then on out.

Lady Hobbs
06-01-2008, 01:58 PM
No problem. I was not very specific myself. I was checking out replacements for fry food not regular foods but failed to mention that which caused some confusion.