PDA

View Full Version : rams

coopergtr
05-29-2008, 08:02 PM
i have a couple of german blue rams and one of them has decided to retreat to the back of the tank behind the plants. He won't even come out at feeding time! any ideas what he's up to?

Incredulous_Ed
05-29-2008, 09:03 PM
i have a couple of german blue rams and one of them has decided to retreat to the back of the tank behind the plants. He won't even come out at feeding time! any ideas what he's up to?
How long have you had them for? Ive seen this with poorly bred rams, where they get sick and stop eating and hide full tim.

coopergtr
05-30-2008, 07:42 AM
i've had them both for about a week now, tested the water before they went in and it was spot on. everyone else in the tank is fine.

Incredulous_Ed
05-30-2008, 04:02 PM
The only thinkg I can think of is that the rams maybe have been hormone injected or something. Alot of ram inported from Asia are pretty low quality and even if water conditions are right theyll die young.

William
05-30-2008, 04:06 PM
What do you feed them. Some rams can be picky eaters so you´ll have to offer something special to lure it to the front using food.

littleskin
10-03-2008, 12:38 AM
I bought some today, although im not sure if the young 16 year old at the shop sexed them correctly.

However they both retreated to the back of the tank, however at 11pm I turned off the lighting but left on my bedroom glass unit display cabinet lights on just to light the tank slightly from and outside source and they both came out to investigate so maybe something to do with to bright lighting.

maybe they will be more lively tommorow when i feed them some live food

cheers

troy
10-04-2008, 04:46 AM
Old thread.

Blue Guppy
10-17-2008, 05:17 PM
I too have a problem with my male GBR. After his mate died (suddenly with no apparent reason), he was by his lonesome and have added some Bolivians to keep him company. He was happy when I introduced the bolivians and later on became very timid and would only eat some scraps and then retreat into his favorite hiding place. I recently bought 3 female GBRs to accompany him. Upon seeing species of his own again, it hardly did anything.

Also been wanting to ask this before but what type of food will induce the GBRs to spawn regularly? The food that I give them now are frozen brine shrimps and blood worms which the newly bought female GBRs gobble but the "lonely" male just eats a little than usual then goes back to his den (between the leaves of the Amazon Plant). Is there any reason why he's like this? I've had him for more than 8 months now and its just that these past few weeks that he's been like this.