PDA

View Full Version : nics and their origins

Slinky_Bass
11-28-2006, 10:15 PM
I've mentioned before, somewhere, maybe, that I'm quite a curious person, and after reading why Hobbs calls herself Hobbs and reading a post which explained Crackatinnys nic I'd really love to know the origins of your (meaning who ever frequents this forum) nics.

I'll start with mine, Slinky_Bass, which is my favourite brand of bass guitar string. I love the combination of those two words and have used that nic on and off for years. Also, I love underscoring separate words. All my nics have been two words underscored in the middle.

Well, now that you all know that useless piece of trivia feel free to bombard me with yours :D

Glasstapper
11-28-2006, 10:20 PM
Well, I chose Glasstapper because of the enthusiasm and curiosity one would have when they feel the urge to tap the glass of an aquarium. Now, I don't personally agree with thumping on the aquarium to make fish freak out (I think it's mean and they can hurt themselves when darting around frightened).

so Glasstapper, just for the idea, but not literally. :)

kimmers318
11-29-2006, 06:33 AM
Just a long version of my real name that stuck. I never like Kim, it was too common so when someone started calling me Kimmers I ran with it. Adding my birthday behind it has given me a name to use that is always available on forums which is nice for me not having to remember a bunch of user names. :)

jeffs99dime
11-29-2006, 06:41 AM
my name comes from my other hobby of vehicle customization. the username jeffs99dime is my name (obviously lol) and the "99dime" part of it is the 1999 chevy s10 pickup i own- highly modified. i was going to change my username for this site to something aquarium-esque but, i decided that it would be easier just to keep the same name so i don't have to remember yet another username! lol-- call me lazy if you you want. lol

Slinky_Bass
11-29-2006, 07:48 AM
Lazy! just kidding, I'll keep calling you jeff. Thanks for the response guys :), i love knowing stuff like that, it kind of makes you more 'real' to me.

jeffs99dime
11-29-2006, 08:03 AM
yes. i am a real person. lol
actually, everyone here is real. lol

Slinky_Bass
11-29-2006, 10:02 AM
lol, I know I know, it's just that for me communicating via the net seems so distant and impersonal most of the time. So by knowing interesting things about people i only have net interaction with makes them, well, more real to me (it's the best way i can describe it!)

jeffs99dime
11-29-2006, 10:55 AM
i was just messin' with ya!:hmm3grin2orange:

Abbeys_Mom
11-29-2006, 01:53 PM
Mines kind of obvious. Abbey is my 28 months old daughter, since it took my husband and I 7 years to have a child, she is very precious to us. I have been bragging about being Abbeys Mom ever since. She's also the cutest kid ever!

Slinky_Bass
11-29-2006, 02:21 PM
Well yes, yours is kind of obvious, but the reason why you chose Abbeys_mom is special. My mom also had a real hard time getting pregnant, she went for all sorts of fertility treatment for years, then one day it just worked and now she has three of us :)

kimmers318
11-29-2006, 03:22 PM
Wow! seven years....long time to keep hoping...glad it finally happened for you. She will grow up to be a very loved young lady, unlike some people who have kids easily who really shouldn't have any. I was told when I was 17 that the "female" probs I had would probably keep me from getting pregnant if I didn't start trying right away because it would get worse. Even though I was getting married after high school I was in no way ready for a family so I made the decision to wait. At 25 I finally figured the doctor was right...there had been enough times where things might not have been real safe and I could have ended up pregnant, plus, I spent a year trying with a guy I was living with who wanted another child. We both knew even if our relationship didn't work out we could raise a kid together. Never happened. Then, all of a sudden I found myself pregnant by a man who turned out to be a piece of crap and I was all alone. Once I got over the initial shock and realized this was a blessing since I was told it probably wouldn't happen, my daughter became a very special part of me, and still is to this day. With my second child, I figured one had been my miracle and it wasn't likely to happen again, but Riley didn't take long so now I have 2 beautiful daughters. Although I tease them that they are getting first and last months rent for graduation so I can put huge show tanks in their rooms, I love them to death! Love your daughter everyday Abbeysmom, and smile knowing what a great mom you are!

Abbeys_Mom
11-29-2006, 03:52 PM
I do. The losses we suffered make us appreciate her even more. We aren't going to be having anymore children, so that make her special too. I am greatful for every day with her. We also have tons of picture, because we know how fast kids can grow up. This is a pic of my little sweetie pie.
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i162/MacawCichlid/Abbey.jpg