PDA

View Full Version : Ick treaments? ich (Ichthyophthirius?

Daveuk
05-28-2008, 07:06 PM
Hello I have a 6x2x2 fishtank (coldwater) goldfish
My fish have ick I have add salts and treating with eSHa Exit. I have do the three day treatment has they say. but one of my fish did rub a bit.
I hear by rising the temp this can help would it be ok for coldwater.

Can anyone please tell me the right way. Becasue i dont want to go out and keep buying treatments.
Thanks
Dave

Fishguy2727
05-28-2008, 07:27 PM
In that size tank I would use Coppersafe. Copper kills invertebrates and many external parasites (definitely ick). It is a one time treatment that lasts one month. Other treatments would require coma enducing drop counting on a tank that size and must be done daily for three to five days or more.

Any pics of that tank and the fish? Fancy goldfish?

Daveuk
05-28-2008, 07:37 PM
Hi they just normal goldfish not the fancy ones, would Coppersafe be ok for
weather loach?

Fishguy2727
05-28-2008, 07:42 PM
Yes. Double check the label though. The labels usually limit a lot more than needed just to be careful so no one sues over a dead fish. I think it says something about inverts, obviously, and maybe a couple specific fish (like baby whales, elephant nose fish, etc.), but I may be mixing it up with Quick Cure.

Many people will cite how weather loaches are small- scaled or scaleless, but that does not actually affect it. Things like meds get in through the gills, not just the skin.