PDA

View Full Version : Angelfish need some tankmates. Help

Doak6021
05-28-2008, 01:43 PM
I recently finished a fishless cycle in my 29 gallon planted tank and all my params are perfect for some angels. I was wondering if anyone could help me find some tankmates for my soon to be angelfish(1-2).

I have a few tankmates in mind. If I could get some feedback on whether or not they will be good tankmates or not I'd appreciate it a lot.

Dwarf Cockatoo Cichlid?
Convict Cichlid?
German Blue Ram?

Also, if anyone has any good ideas for tankmates just let me know.

Thanks

Lady Hobbs
05-28-2008, 01:45 PM
One angel in that size tank will work but I would not add a convict. Blue Rams possibly or community fish will be fine. No neons or cardinals, tho.

Dzilber
05-28-2008, 04:46 PM
You can add some nice GBRs and Gold rams, or Bolivians

fins_n_fur
05-28-2008, 07:05 PM
Cockatoos, German Blue Rams, Keyholes, corydoras, black or red phantom tetras are all good tank mates--see my signature..all are doing great with the angels. For sure no small fish or shrimp, they'll just end up as snacks for the angel.

wendada
06-30-2008, 04:08 AM
keep in mind you don't want your fish to get eaten by the angels - it's happened often before. Neon tetras are netorious for not surviving with angels.

A school of tetras might do well given the size of your tank, but they have to be big enough to not get eaten. They also have to be kept in a school of 5-6 or more so that they don't nip your angels' fins. I would suggest buenos aires tetras, serpae tetras, bleeding heart tetras, or danios, like giant danios.

good luck. remember that unless you have a breeding pair, you might have a bully-ing situation with two angels.

Connor1215
07-26-2008, 07:12 AM
Many say not to mix tiger barbs with angels, but in my setup I have a school of barbs(8) with 1 angel in a 29 and I am having no problems.