PDA

View Full Version : line of plants background

StarBelliedSneetch
05-27-2008, 10:38 PM
so i have the idea, im prolly not the first, to take a peice of pvc cut it in half and line it with plant. then burry it the back of my tanks for a plant back ground. if you wish please steal this idea and if you can do it soon let me know how it turns out. as i will need time to do it. what do you guys think

Lady Hobbs
05-27-2008, 10:43 PM
How does this differ than just planting them across the entire back?

StarBelliedSneetch
05-27-2008, 10:45 PM
well your right it doestn but this way they are in one peice and your can make it dense with out the hassle of the plant bases

smaug
05-27-2008, 11:04 PM
Are you talking about fake plants?

StarBelliedSneetch
05-27-2008, 11:09 PM
yes i am, fake ones

smaug
05-27-2008, 11:10 PM
In that case it would make it slightly more conveniant.Not a bad idea.

ncbuckeye
05-28-2008, 12:11 AM
I like it too, just don't have the $$ for all the plants it would take, but I'll keep it in mind. Thanks

PUNISHER VETTE
05-28-2008, 12:36 AM
At first i thought we were talking about real plants and was getting pretty concerned someone was doing this...

But i see how it can be a pretty big help with fake ones. You might even glue/silicone them to the PVC so they don't get ripped out by something. Allowing you to plant them and keep them in one piece does seem like it would be easier.

StarBelliedSneetch
05-28-2008, 12:37 AM
thats the plan

Lady Hobbs
05-28-2008, 12:40 AM
I also thought you were talking of live plants. I've heard the bases to fake plants can be siliconed to the bottom of the tank, too. Wouldn't work for me as I like to keep moving things around in the tank. I get bored when it always looks the same.

ncbuckeye
05-28-2008, 12:57 AM
I also thought you were talking of live plants. I've heard the bases to fake plants can be siliconed to the bottom of the tank, too. Wouldn't work for me as I like to keep moving things around in the tank. I get bored when it always looks the same.

Me too, I have one tank it's going to take a long time for me to move though. I change most of them about once a month or so, I can't stand looking at the same thing.

ncbuckeye
05-28-2008, 01:52 AM
Another idea, you can drill small holes through the top, and put an air stone or two under it, and have a bubble wall also.

As for my previous post, the one tank I'm not moving is set up in which a way I absolutely love.