PDA

View Full Version : Xtreme Aquatic Foods

gabbyguppy
05-27-2008, 06:52 PM
Does anyone have experience with Xtreme Aquatic Foods?

http://www.xtremeaquaticfoods.com/index.html

This is the food my LFS sells.

I am using the Spirulina and Krill Flake for freshwater fish.

The main ingredients are Spirulina, Krill Meal, Wheat Four, Soy Flour, Shrimp Meal and Fish meal

Protein(min)38%
Fat (min) 5%
Fiber (max)3%

Any opinions about this food would be greatly appreciated.

Karen

gm72
05-27-2008, 10:38 PM
Never heard of it.

cocoa_pleco
05-27-2008, 10:59 PM
looks alright, but ive never heard of it. i would stick to NLS or Hikari unless you can confirm that food is good

gabbyguppy
05-28-2008, 01:13 AM
looks alright, but ive never heard of it. i would stick to NLS or Hikari unless you can confirm that food is good

Thanks for checking it out. I will need to order food within the next month. I think I'll give the NLS a try.

Karen

Fishguy2727
05-28-2008, 01:37 AM
Where are you in Kentucky?

I have family around Lexington and while there a couple weeks ago saw some info on it in 'Just Fish'. It said trials showed it to be better than NLS, but I didn't get a chance to question the guy about it. Honestly I say give them both (this and NLS) a try if you want and see what you think. People think I am blindly obsessed with NLS, but I simpy go by what has proven to me to be the best. Before NLs it was Hikari. So I am open to new foods if they truly prove themselves to be better.

gabbyguppy
05-28-2008, 02:24 AM
Where are you in Kentucky?

I have family around Lexington and while there a couple weeks ago saw some info on it in 'Just Fish'. It said trials showed it to be better than NLS, but I didn't get a chance to question the guy about it. Honestly I say give them both (this and NLS) a try if you want and see what you think. People think I am blindly obsessed with NLS, but I simpy go by what has proven to me to be the best. Before NLs it was Hikari. So I am open to new foods if they truly prove themselves to be better.

I am located in Danville, Kentucky. I purchase all my fish and most of my supplies from a little store in Stanford, Ky.

The owner feeds Xtreme to all of his fish and he sells it at his store. I had not heard of it and wanted to make sure it was an ok food before buying more of the product.

I found the Xtreme website to be lacking in info, so thought I would ask here.

Thanks again for checking it out. I think I will give NLS a try and see if my fish like it as well as the Xtreme.

Karen

Fishguy2727
05-28-2008, 02:26 AM
So you have been feeding your fish Xtreme exclusively? For how long?

gabbyguppy
05-28-2008, 02:41 AM
So you have been feeding your fish Xtreme exclusively? For how long?

I am very new to fishkeeping.

This is our first tank, we set it up in Feb 08. The fish were on Xtreme exclusively until I purchased a clown pleco a few weeks ago. I can't say they don't get a bite of an occasional Hikari algae wafer. I toss in 1/2 of a wafer every few days, but I've yet to see the pleco eat a thing. He spends most of his time on the driftwood.

Karen

Fishguy2727
05-28-2008, 02:45 AM
As long as most of the diet is the Xtreme the Hikari should no affect the results too much. Honestly I would be very interested if you kept them on this diet for a couple more months and then switched to NLS and kept them on that exclusively for at least four months and let us know what happens.

Algenco
05-28-2008, 02:52 AM
I am located in Danville, Kentucky. I purchase all my fish and most of my supplies from a little store in Stanford, Ky.

The owner feeds Xtreme to all of his fish and he sells it at his store. I had not heard of it and wanted to make sure it was an ok food before buying more of the product.

I found the Xtreme website to be lacking in info, so thought I would ask here.

Thanks again for checking it out. I think I will give NLS a try and see if my fish like it as well as the Xtreme.

Karen

Pet Paradise?

gabbyguppy
05-28-2008, 02:56 AM
As long as most of the diet is the Xtreme the Hikari should no affect the results too much. Honestly I would be very interested if you kept them on this diet for a couple more months and then switched to NLS and kept them on that exclusively for at least four months and let us know what happens.

I'd be glad to! I'll keep you posted. We'll consider this our little science project.

Karen

gabbyguppy
05-28-2008, 03:05 AM
Pet Paradise?

OMG! What a small world! Yes.....Pet Paradise is where I get my fish and most supplies.

Karen

Algenco
05-28-2008, 03:16 AM
They buy fish from me :hmm3grin2orange:

gabbyguppy
05-28-2008, 03:26 AM
They buy fish from me :hmm3grin2orange:

Kewl! Do you breed Angels? Their Angels are very nice and they told us they buy them locally.

Karen

Algenco
05-28-2008, 03:39 AM
Kewl! Do you breed Angels? Their Angels are very nice and they told us they buy them locally.

Karen

Yep , the marbles are mine , they will have tank raised long fin blue rams in about 8 weeks

gabbyguppy
05-28-2008, 12:08 PM
Yep , the marbles are mine , they will have tank raised long fin blue rams in about 8 weeks

I've seen them. I always head to the 'back of the store' to admire all the really pretty fish. But since I am new to fishkeeping, I do my purchasing from the 'front of the store'.
Todd basically said "you can buy from here".:laugh1blue:

Karen