PDA

View Full Version : Never introduced myself

bfisher88
11-28-2006, 05:37 AM
I'm Ben, 18 years old from park city, ut (best now on earth). Have 2 tanks as you can see below. I know the sharks are to big, did not know that at the time i have been learning a lot on here as i go im pretty new. Just got the green spotted puffer today if anyone can give me some info on those. Kimmers has some i believe? Anyways thats about it.

jeffs99dime
11-28-2006, 05:39 AM
welcome. better late than never. lol

kimmers318
11-28-2006, 12:04 PM
Welcome to AC....glad you learned about the sharks...but did you also know the GSP may not do too well either. They are recommended for a brackish tank....prefering full marine conditions as adults....and minimum 30 gal....not suggested as community fish. What are you feeding it by the way? You might want to consider joining those of us that have MTS syndrome and adding to your tank collection to start separating fish that don't need to be together!

Abbeys_Mom
11-28-2006, 02:19 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum. I had a green spotted Puffer, they do need brackish which isn't hard just more expensive. The set up is the same as for fresh water you just add instant ocean (or the brand you prefer) and get a hydrometer (to measure the salt in the water). Start slow and built up to where you want the salinity to be. The older they get, the saltier the water. They are great fish. They can hypnotize you into feeding them, lol. Plus, if you have a sail problem in any of your other aquarium, they make great puffer treats.

bfisher88
11-28-2006, 10:52 PM
Yes i aleady have it set up as brackish water. Seems to be ok so far... I know but I don't have the money to upgrade so right now ims tuck with my 10's. Maybe soon....