PDA

View Full Version : parrots versus featherfins

Lady Hobbs
05-24-2008, 04:35 PM
I've been watching these two together for the last hour and it's quite a game they play. The featherfins are as long as the parrots (6 inches +) and darned near as bullheaded. The parrots don't like them at all (no bottom feeders so far) but these darned featherfins do everything they can to drive the parrots nuts. They even swim inside the parrots cave, sit on top of it and in general, just love to hang out on the parrots end of the tank altho they have a ton of rock and wood on their end. It's like a game they play all day.

My featherfins have never been hiders. They are out and about playing and chasing each other at numerous times of the day. I like these guys a lot!

I believe I will be getting a tank for just these two parrots, tho. They have gotten quite the attitude and go after me with or without a spawn in the tank. They used to be rather sweet (a pair) and only were snotty when they had a spawn. Now they are in full attack mode at all times. Sure is fun to try to clean their tank when they keep slamming into the vac and my hand. They even break the waters surface to try to get me. So goes for me trying to pet them!

Guess there's no chance of ever having other parrots with them either as was my intention one day. They are really awesome fish, tho, and get along with community fish just great.....something that won't fit in their mouths.

So, this is how I am spending my Memorial weekend. Watching these goofy fish and killing snails in my tanks!

Incredulous_Ed
05-24-2008, 04:40 PM
lol I dont think Ive seen a featherfin 6 inches long.

Lady Hobbs
05-24-2008, 04:49 PM
These go around 7 inches. Mine are a year old so I think will reach that 7 inch mark by next year.

Incredulous_Ed
05-24-2008, 04:50 PM
Wow. Ive only seen the small ones in the store.